|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 26, 2022|
|Category|| Operations |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
To provide an overall technical supports to Integrated Food & nutrition Security (IFaNS) Technical program, grant as well as sponsorship in planning, executions, monitoring, and reporting, in line with the national office strategy, IFaNS technical Programe as well as government strategies. Specifically, will be responsible in coordinating and writing various concept notes, proposals, success stories & Best practices, monitor and provide a closer support for sponsorship and grant projects, work closely and assist programmatic operation, some external engagement, working with APs/CPs/ROs and heavily engage in knowledge management aspect of the TP.
To coordinate overall IFaNS grant as well as sponsorship Projects Design and Planning, transition process, and share results to the TP Head and other concerned partners.
· Conduct assessment on development needs, identify opportunities for project proposals writing that align with WV’s development guidelines and IFaNS technical Programmes, and ensure submission for resource mobilization.
· Review the national and regional government priorities and create understanding among field staffs on the same and concerned departments, and ensure APs’ annual plans are in accord.
· Provide technical advises to partners (government, sustainability of impacts and ensure partners’ ownership over Programme outcomes.
· Ensure child wellbeing outcomes are visibly targeted in the APs’ planning process by considering updated and context based development needs.
· Ensure most vulnerable children and families are well targeted and addressed through Programmes planning process and executions.
· Ensure project design and planning is well aligned with the Child Wellbeing Outcomes, ToC and NO strategic priorities.
Provide an overall supports to IFaNS and inter departmental projects for quality and timely execution
· Oversees and guides project staffs on Programmes executions focusing on identified models both for grants and regular funding.
· Prepares dashboard with key Programme and financial issues, present for TP head for further discussions and actions for better execution.
· Give updates and evidence based information/concerns on Programme executions, identified during field monitoring (including enterprise risk management) to the TP Head for further discussions and timely decisions favor of quality Programme execution.
· Identify and shares key lessons and actionable items on Programme executions to the TP Head.
· Coordinate programme kick off events (both for grants and regular initiatives) with government stakeholder.
· Produce Monthly Management Report (focusing on key indicators of programme execution and financial utilization) and share to TP head and IFaNS team.
· Follow-up on key performance indicators of sponsorship programme, guide and support APs/CPOs in addressing issues in timely fashion.
· In collaboration with TP Head, provide support to CPOs and APs to minimize programmatic risks identified through ERM and to prepare for operational auditing.
Ensure efficient and effective Integration among project models within the TP and with other TP.
· Design a platform to ensure all operational project models in the TP are well integrated and provide feedback to project specialist when gaps exist.
· Coordinate learning event for Project specialist as well as grant managers
· Assess, collect and analyses data from AP/CP to measure the level of integration and impact.
· Assess and provide advice to project specialist at HO as well as AP IFaNS officers to potential pivot points of integration within IFaNS project models and with other project models.
· Monitor grants and regularly funded projects on their extent of integration and provide feedback when deemed necessary
Ensure efficient and effective implementation of MEAL system and Communications
· Coordinate measure of Programmes impacts (through midterm and end evaluations), present evidence that WV’s Programmes are delivering lasting impacts for children according to NO strategy and programme guides.
· Ensure effective and efficient use of funds through regular monitoring of programme implementations and doing operations audit.
· Follow up and coordinate field monitoring, findings, challenges and proposed solutions for further insight and, timely decision by the TP.
· To gather, review, analyze and consolidate key information of TP, regional basic facts, development priorities, challenges and keep updated on regular basis, share the results to all relevant bodies at the regional office, NO and SOs as deemed necessary.
· Conducts field visit during plan preparation, compile reports and communicate to internal and external partners.
· Follow-up on Programmes executions and share learning’s/issues to concerned partners for future improvements.
· Enhance transparency by sharing basic programme information (M&E findings, budgets and reports, etc) among partners.
Compile reports (quarterly, bi-annual and annual), CWB report, and share to TP head and concerned departments.
Ensure proper Documentation and Knowledge management of IFaNS Technical Program.
· Ensure effective and efficient programme review and reflection process at HO, CPOs and APs and sharing of learning to all concerned stakeholders.
· Facilitate communities of practices on specific subject matters/issues.
· Promote action research to inform quality project management process.
· Work with NO’s communication team in coordinate best practices/success stories, evidences and innovative ideas in the field and ensure they are properly documented, published and shared to partners in the region.
Engage in stakeholders management and represent the TP in various meetings
· Represent the TP head in internal as well as external meetings, conferences, and review meetings when assigned.
· Reviews WV’s programme management alignment with the key strategies (NO Strategy, TPs, government polices…etc), share finding to all concerned for follow-up actions.
· Reviews Programmes performances against the CWB outcomes, NO strategy and standardized LFA (TPs) and share key concerns and advice on the follow-up actions.
· Coordinate and guide the integration and alignment of policies, programmes, resources, sectors, mix of skills and track the status and share feedback to the TP head and concerned partners.
· Make strong linkage, networking, relationship and involvement with the regional respective bureaus, Planning and Economic Development team, and DRM related TWGs of different sectors and share feedback to the TP Head.
· Educational level and qualifications required: BSc/BA degree and MSc/MA degree in development studies, agricultural Economics and other related studies.
· Experience: Seven years of experience (of which 4 years in Programme management and supports)
· Knowledge of programme cycle management.
· Computer literate (Operate Ms word and excel, lotus notes etc)
· Knowledge and exposure to the sociocultural situation of the region.
· Good partnership management, knowledge of government working procedures and good negotiation and influencing skill.
· Have passion as well as commitment for livelihood and nutrition and integrated progamme as a whole
· Perform other duties as required