|Location||Dobo-Weyn, & Shilabo Woredas of Korahey Zone, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 3, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
Health Care / Medical
|Job Type|| Full-time |
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the project unit's implementation of nutrition program in agreement with the overall IMAM Program activities and the National manual in the management of SAM,
- Makes sure that IMAM program is implemented according to the National protocol i.e. application of the admission and discharge criteria, closely monitors and strictly follows anthropometry measurement
- Facilitates the trainings under the project
- Makes sure that the health staff have adequate training on the management of acute malnutrition per National manual
- Ensures the availability of job aids, reporting formats, therapeutic products and drugs for program implementation
- Supports and liaise with the health centres staff and provide on the job training and capacity building where required,
- Creates and maintain relationship with local health and other authorities and try to link IMAM program with the existing health structure smoothly,
- Makes sure that health professionals from the health facilities to participate on the daily routine work for sustainability and smooth phase out strategy,
- Provides technical support and training where required to all team members, outreach team including health extension workers and community volunteers,
- Works and liaise with any local health workers to integrate the IMAM program from the start,
- Organizes monthly report of SC/OTP/SFP/Community mobilization and report on time to the Project Coordinator, Nutrition and provides updates when needed.
- Coordinates the link of acute malnutrition cases with EOS/CBN/CHD/TSFP/PSNP and facilitates regular registration of Non-EOS beneficiaries and submits on monthly bases
- Provides a daily/weekly/and monthly over view of drug items, SFP materials and wet ration stocks supplied to beneficiaries,
- Manages the stock levels of therapeutic products, drugs and all other materials and alert the logistics in a timely manner as more materials are required.
- Reports any problems in a timely manner to the Nutrition field coordinator,
- Coaches and supervises the SFP, OTP, SC program Nurses.
- Upholds the image and values of SCI at all times,
- Performs other related tasks as required, like control and facilitation of vehicle movement within the project area in the field
Technical Support role
- Support communities to increase their knowledge and skills through training, exposure and joint actions
- Strengthen community self-mobilization through their leaders for participation in their planning, implementation and monitoring of activities
- Share latest development ideas and appropriate technologies to community members/groups
- Share information on support and cooperation opportunities with communities and other stakeholders
- Use a variety of extension methods, which are suited to the situation, and build the capacities (knowledge, and skills) of communities
- Promote constructive customary mechanisms and institution building with in communities
- Promote adoption of approaches that leads to sustainable development
- Build communities’ management skills in analysis and reflection processes, setting goals for improvements, planning implementation steps, taking action, and monitoring progress
- Coordinate with stakeholders at local level.
- Acquire accurate information about vulnerable communities and their problems, needs and capabilities as well as changes and trends in the communities, including their driving factors and impeding forces
- Develop a simple and sustainable supervision and monitoring system to guide the communities in monitoring project activities
- In collaboration with Government Health offices prepare weekly/monthly and quarterly plan
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- BSc in Nursing, Public Health and related Field.
- Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Demonstrated skills in peer group training, Training of Trainers and development of training materials.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Local language.
- Strong computer (Microsoft skills), all and interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Minimum three years working experience for Degree out of which two-years’ experience directly related to emergency health & nutrition related fields Knowledge, training and experience in CMAM and community mobilization/BCC
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
· Position holder must have good interpersonal skills & excellent team player
· Knowledge of the local language (Somali language)
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en