|Location||Asayita, Afar, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 21, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Project Officer is responsible for implementation of LDSC funded immunization strengthening project, Under the close supervision of the Immunization Project Manager, the Immunization Officer contributes to the EPI programme planning, administration, implementation, monitoring and the evaluation of EPI programme/project activities, including teamwork and capacity building. The project Officer will work closely with Woreda EPI/PHEM team to improve immunization service delivery in the woreda. The Project officer will also provide technical guidance and capacity building support to government staff and Woreda Health Offices at the project implementation woredas. S/he will be responsible to document implementation lessons and best practices so as to improve project implementation as well as inform new business development.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- EPI officer will manage local EPI programs in her/his assigned woreda by monitoring and coaching of routine immunization and diseases surveillance activities at health posts and community levels, implementation of BCC strategy, overseeing workshops & trainings.
- Support woreda based government officers on community engagements activities.
- Make sure Health program falling in line with protocols, policies & guidelines and donor requirements.
- Provide technical assistance for government staff (HEWs, HP based nurses, and WoHOs program officers) to have quality program implementation.
- Draft monthly, quarterly and final reports of EPI programs for review for submission by the health Mangers.
- Analyze monthly and quarterly report submitted by woreda health officers for data quality and presentation of data for use and she/he will be responsible to submit quality report to health manager.
Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Oversee data collection and management by SCI staff and Maintenance of HMIS data.
- Prepare and submit monthly activity progress reports.
- Monitor and evaluate activities of Health within local communities for operations.
- Develop donor reports in collaboration with health Manager.
- Responsible to track monthly indicators report
- Participate in project evaluation
- Ensure data quality and data audit
- Ensure timely action
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- BSc degree in Public Health, Nursing or other related fields
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an NGO environment of which a minimum of 2 years managing community based health projects, focusing on immunization
- Trainings on Immunization in Practice (IIP), Immunization Cold chain users, and Immunization MLM trainings will be an asset
- Have an experience in BCC strategies and able to design effective BCC strategies to communities and have experience of community engagement activities.
- Capable to work under pressure, long work hours and high workload.
- Very good communication skills- verbal and written skills.
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
- Speaking the local language Afar Affe is Mandatory in addition to English and Amharic
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets
- Solid budgeting skills and knowledge of key donor regulations
- Commitment to Save the Children values
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. The duty station of the position holder will be in Asayita. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.