|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 29, 2021|
|Category|| Logistics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
EthioChicken is a leading distributor of chickens to rural farmers in Ethiopia. We are a rapidly growing Company that believes in investing in our employees and offers them opportunities for career advancement. EthioChicken is an Ethiopian based company.
Our vision is to bring a chicken to every family in Ethiopia in 2021, and a chicken to every person in Ethiopia in the future, transforming the Ethiopian poultry industry, making it a model of inclusive growth.
The Junior Import & export Officer is responsible to ensure effective and efficient import & export with delivery of goods and services. This will be done through the establishment and rationalization of key supplier selection, agreements, identification of new opportunities, and activity seeking and applying ways to improve efficiencies by ensuring legislative compliance. In addition, he/she will be responsible for tendering processes and Administration of contracts in accordance with policies, procedures and specified contract requirements of the company.
· Dealing with Export of DOC & Hatching eggs and follow up
· Obtain quotation for the purchase of goods, works and service
· Deliver purchased items and orders as required
· Conduct market assessment/study
· Applying for import permit at MOA/VDFACA like vaccines, PS and premixes.
· Purchasing insurance, typing permit, Getting bank permit
· Getting a release letter from MOA and prepare for inspect imported goods
· Submitting shipping documents and others to transistor
· Follow up status of transistor on clearing goods in all stages (inspection, phase office, duty, assessment, finance, investment, check, warehouse charge)
· Receive all imported goods from customs and Facilitate logistics to deliver goods to user department
· Getting duty free privilege for capital goods import, Process francovaluta privilege at investment office
· Clearing imports at National Bank of Ethiopia on time before getting on delinquency list
· Processing and follow up at MOA to register medicines and vaccines into our country
· Other duties as required.
· Relevant tertiary qualification in the field of Procurement and/or logistics.
· Good knowledge of local and foreign purchases
· Demonstrated customer service skills of communication
· (Verbal and written) and interpersonal skills including negotiation and
· Ability to work under pressure and meet competing deadlines
· Ability to use a range of computer applications
Education Qualifications and Requirement
· Degree in: Procurement and supply, Management, and Business Management
. Zero (0) years’ experience
Please title your application with subject line: - "Junior Import and Export Officer"
Only candidates meeting the required qualifications are invited to send their applications(Cover Letter) including a detailed CV through ethiojobs.net or
Women are highly encouraged to apply!