|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 15, 2020|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Siz Agro Plc is a company engaged in growing and exporting Ethiopian specialty coffee. It owns 135 hectares of land in the southern part of Ethiopia located in Guangua area; a village 18 miles from Yirgacheffe town. The company is committed to grow coffee Plants at its farm and provide its customers the highest quality of coffee with exceptional service to its current and potential customers. We are also planning to engage in import business and add value to our customers.
Department: Import and export
Specific Location: Factory
Proposes policy and procedure on Import, export, warehouse functions of the company; manages the import and export process of the company; assesses and studies the international and domestic markets to import and export commodities; ensures both imported and exported commodities meet the standards; ensures that all legal requirements are looked into and are met; maintains close relationship with customers, regulatory bodies, Banks, Customs and different entities; oversees the operations of the coffee processing plant and the warehouse.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proposes policy and procedure on export, import and warehouse functions of the company and carries out them when approved.
- Plans, organizes, implements and controls import and export functions of the company.
- Assesses and studies the international export markets, promote the company, contacts potential and existing buyers through email, phone, social medias, maintains close relationship and concludes sales deals.
- Strives to acquires new buyers/customers from the international and domestic market, maintains the existing ones.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationship with buyers, suppliers, brokers, forwarders, transport companies, Commercial banks and Ethiopian National bank, Ethiopian Custom Authority, Trade and Industry Bureau, and other related parties.
- Prepares the annual import and export plan of the company and when approved by the general manager, executes the plan and strives to meet the company business objectives.
- Prepares and submits import, export and the warehouse performance progress report to the General Manager on daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Follows up the international and domestic market consistently and grabs and exploit opportunities and reduce or avoid potential threats.
- When importing and exporting goods, checks whether terms and conditions specified in the sales contract are as agreed.
- Oversees imported and exported products meet proper standards and specifications.
- Ensures that shipping details such as import and export licensing, product routing, shipping, packing as well as customs declarations are organized and properly maintained.
- Maintains information about licenses and tariffs, as well as restrictions.
- Identifies and develops new initiatives to improve the range and quality of the products and services provided by the company and ensure responsiveness to changes in the external and internal environment.
- Makes sure that the company follows the relevant governmental rules and regulations while importing and exporting goods.
- Prepares, submits and follows up necessary documents, forms and letters related to the export and import process.
- Ensures quality and standard commodities are purchased from ECX and/or non ECX market.
- Develops and maintains effective communications with new and existing customers to negotiate contracts that contribute to corporate objectives.
- Develops and maintains effective communications with staff of the division to keep them aware of the company’s delivery capabilities and to inform them of new business development.
- Promotes and represents the interests of the company at senior levels, including to governmental institutions, key customers, suppliers and commercial and trade organizations.
- Maintains records of products, code numbers, designs, pictures and specifications of all the items exported by the company.
- Coaches and trains the staffs and takes administrative actions as deemed necessary.
- Works with the other departments to monitor the sales performance of competitors to ensure that the company maintains and develops its competitive position.
- Directs, leads, guides, supports and controls the staff responsible to him/her to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and trained to meet all export/import targets and carry-out their responsibilities to the required standards.
- Identifies the training needs of the employees in the operation and recommends the type of training that has to be given.
- Completes all performance management activities including: performance planning, monitoring and annual performance appraisals.
- Monitors the expedition of import and export correspondence, credit collections as well as bid requests.
- Participate in recruitment, selection, hiring and promotion of employees.
- Takes administrative action per the company policy and procedure and administrative manual and Ethiopian labor law.
- Performs other related duties as might be assigned from time to time.
- A minimum of BA Degree in Business Administration, Management, Economics, Accounting or other related fields of study
- A minimum of eight years’ experience in import and export activities out of which four years as import and export manager or equivalent position.
- Fluent in Amharic and English both in writing and speaking
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of Ethiopia and International import and export laws and regulations
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Willing to work flexible and extended hours