|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 31, 2020|
|Category|| Logistics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Imports Specialist has overall responsibility for managing inbound and outbound Logistics (Customs clearance for all Raw Materials and Finished Goods imports and exports) and 3PL management. The role is responsible for ensuring OTIF delivery on all KPIs at optimal costs & service level.The main objective of the job is to ensure Unilever Ethiopia is AEO compliant, the successful individual will work with the supply chain team and government authorities to establish and manage the customs procedures.
- Ensure a smooth operation in the inbound logistics process (Customs documentation, port clearance and delivery of both Raw Material & Finished Goods to warehouse) to deliver high levels of Customer Service towards key stakeholders
- Manage the relationship with Unilever, 3PLs, government agencies to ensure a collaborative atmosphere required to drive improvement processes related to service levels, cost efficiencies and loss reduction
- Provide visibility of the imported shipments situation and highlight any Supply Risks to support the Business Planning process
- Develop and manage contingency plans relating to 3PL services.
- Manage all clearing and forwarding agents and clearing processes at ports of entry and ensure compliance with regulations as per the law.
- Manage all government agencies relations regarding the Customs clearance operations at the ports of entry.
- Ensure effective running of Procure to pay cycle and 3PL suppliers are paid on time as per their payment terms.
- Ensure SOPs and SLAs are in place for inbound logistics to embed process standardization and alignment.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field
- Broad knowledge of Import/Export regulations and requirements
- 3-5 Years in Supply Chain operations: Imports and Exports processes
- Working knowledge of supply chain management principles
- Exposure to Order to Cash, procure to pay cycle
- Customer Service and distribution Planning
- Good planning skills
- Good understanding of ERP system and other systems (SAP, Excel, MS Word, etc.)
- FMCG Experience
Applicants who fulfill the above criteria can apply through the below link before the deadline.
NB. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted