|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||February 23, 2021|
|Category|| Legal |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The program is going to be done with well-known international and local partners.
- Compiling and analyzing policies, laws and manuals on inclusive education in Ethiopia
- Identifying the gaps in the implementation of inclusive education focusing on students with visual impairment
- Advocating based on the identified gaps
- Transforming the braille production section and the studio to high level
- Advocating the adoption of a legal framework that would ensure the minimum educational benefits of students with visual impairment at national level and that would ensure complaint procedures with anticipated legal remedies
- Prioritizing advocacy issues in the effective implementation of inclusive education for students with disabilities in general and students with visual impairment in particular
- Collaboration with TOFI partners in Ethiopia (including active participating in Inclusive Education Technical Working group)
- Collaboration and communication with TOFI programme manager in NABP in the development and reporting on implementation of IE programme in Ethiopia
- Collaboration with Enabling Education Network (EENET) consultants
- Support, roll-out and development of EENET model in pilot schools
- Provide systematic technical advice, training/capacity strengthening, and mentoring of ENAB staff, key personal and TOFI- partners on Inclusive Education
- Write technical report and other knowledge products
- Communicate and share key lessons learned, designing and leading workshops and other form of knowledge exchange among TOFI partners and IE network partners
- Support TOFI partners in organizing an Inclusive Education Network consisting of The TOFI-Inclusive Education workgroup and external factors such as national and international NGOs and Government duty bearers
- Working in line with the needs of persons with physical, mental and auditory disabilities in inclusive education activities
- Doing any other related activity.
Required educational and work experience
- Minimum of master degree
- Graduating in law, human rights, social work, sociology, special needs education in the first degree and BED
- At least 8 years of experience for Ph.D. holders and 10 years of experience for master degree holders in the fields related to those mentioned educational backgrounds
- Informed in disability related concepts
- Good skills in communications, English language, technologies etc.
- Experience working effectively with governments, civil society, multilaterals, and theprivate sector
- Experience in education project management and planning program design
- Experience in reporting and monitoring using quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Experience in developing and conducting trainings
- Co-operates well with others; shares knowledge, experience and information; supports others in the pursuit of team goals
- Builds a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilizes it to achieve objectives
- Those with work experience on disability are encouraged,
- Those who have NGO experience are encouraged.
ENAB will notify exam type through the telephone address filled in the application form and through the internal notice board
Work experience certificate written more than 6 months is not acceptable
Applicants who fulfill the criteria hereunder can apply in person at the headquarter of ENAB found at Sidist Kilo, near to Yekatit hospital y producing originals and photocopies of work experience certificates, educational certificates, CV and identity cards and by filling the form prepared to that effect.
Registration time is within 10 working days of this post at working hours
For further information, use phone number 0111111021
Applicants with disabilities particularly women with disabilities are encouraged to apply for this vacancy