|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 30, 2020|
|Category|| Communication |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES -INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT SELECTION)
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank to the cost of the Urban Productive Safety Net Project (UPSNP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for individual consulting services.
The Individual Consulting Service (The Services) include providing support to Federal Urban Job Creation and Food Security Agency (FUJCFSA) of Ethiopia in the overall, Enroll 400 disadvantaged youth in an apprenticeship in Addis Ababa, Test the feasibility of running an apprenticeship program with a view of scaling it up to 100,000 youth in cities across the country, Set up institutional arrangements between different institutions, such as the UJCFSA (including One Stop Service Centers), JCC, MoLSA, private sector representative bodies, participating firms and job seekers, Gather data on the uptake and results of the pilot, and Develop comprehensive Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning insights that will be used to inform the scaleup under the USNJP.
The services include:
- Manage the day to day activities of the pilot with regards to communications and promotion.
- Be responsible for the development of different promotional and communication materials for the mobilization and registration of job seekers and firms.
- Develop a comprehensive and concise communication strategy for the pilot.
- Where required, pre-test different communication aspects of the pilot to ensure the appropriate design details will be piloted.
- Work closely with service providers contracted for the development of promotional materials to ensure they are effective at executing their services.
- Contribute to the development of a wide range of documents and protocols, with regards to the promotion, registration, matching, placement and monitoring of apprentices and participating firms.
- Ensure high quality outputs are achieved in line with the pilot and USNJP’s overall objectives.
- Ensure developed promotional and communication materials follow distribution protocols and reach final beneficiaries.
- Closely monitor the implementing bodies are executing the promotion of the pilot as per the developed plan.
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with pilot implementation and take appropriate action to control the risks.
- Liaise and coordinate between different government agencies, private sector and the World Bank to ensure effective implementation of the promotional and communication activities.
- Support and facilitate close and collaborative relationships between the PCU and UJCFSA and other partners to fast track implementation of the communication and promotional aspects of the plot.
- Perform other duties as required.
The assignment will be for six month, with possible extension upon satisfactory performance of the consultant.
- University Degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in one of the following disciplines: marketing, journalism, business administration, public administration, management, law, or a related field.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in management of projects of similar scope and requirements, preferably World Bank or other international donors-funded programs.
- Previous experience for similar positions with a strong reputation for developing excellent collaborative working relationships with Government Ministries and development partners
- Previous experience with apprenticeships and job creation projects preferred.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail.
- A proven track record of leadership and management in multicultural settings, including coordination of interdisciplinary teams is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a strong set of personal values.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Amharic. Additional languages are an advantage.
The Federal Urban Job Creation and Food Security Agency now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are: Qualification and Experience as Individual consultant/Communication Consultant of projects of similar scope and requirements and specifically in World Bank financed project and their capability on the basis of academic background, general and relevant experience, and knowledge of local condition.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section V para 5.1 to 5.6 of The World Bank Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 and revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the individual consultant selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Remunerations: will be negotiable and depends on qualification and experience of the candidate.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 8:30 am to 12 in the morning and from 2:00 to 3:30 pm local time in the afternoon.
Expressions of interest (including recent and compressive CV with a letter of application and other relevant supporting documents) must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by August 12, 2020 on or before 3:30 pm
The address:-Attn: - Debebe Barud,
UPSNP project coordinator
YOBEK Commercial Center Building, 14th Floor
Telephone number 251-115-5577346, 0115575037, 0115577554
Country: - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
Urban Job Creation and Food Security Agency
Urban Productive Safety Net Project (UPSNP)