|Location||Bahir Dar virtual office, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2020|
|Category|| Consultancy |
Health Care / Medical
|Job Type|| Contract |
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Technical Consultant prepares winning full project proposal based on the RFA and USAID project proposal requirements and make it ready for submission.
Essential Job Functions: Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Consultant is responsible for the project proposal development on “Achieving and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control Activities (AS-HIV-ECA) 2020-2025, Reference Number RF1-663-20-000001” as outlined in the RFA. The project proposal includes both the narrative and the budget parts. He/she shall maintain the consistency of the project narrative with the budget.
- The Consultant is responsible to well comprehend the RFA, timely reviewing already collected data, identify additional data/information to be collected and request ADA in good time
- The Consultant shall submit a workable action plan to safely accomplish the purpose.
- The Consultant, upon request, shall attend donor appraisal session and explain the project proposal to USAID’s Review team.
- The Consultant shall take comments, rightly consider comments, rewrite the project proposal and produce the revised proposal.
- The Consultant is responsible for working with ADA program team and relevant actors until the approval of the proposal by USAID.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the jobs. This neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that shall be assigned after the RFA is released. This announcement should not be considered in any way to represent a contract. ADA reserves the right to revise this document or cancel the bid at any time.
Employment type: Contract (Contingent on the release of RFA by USAID’s and conditions set out in the RFP)
Remuneration: Negotiable based on the applicant’s quote
Payment Modality: when contract is signed, up on proposal submission and when USAID approves the proposal
- A Master’s Degree or higher in public health, Social Sciences, or other cognate discipline;
- At least three evidences of relevant and practical experiences of successful assignments in the fields of OVC and HIV;
- Tax Identification Number/ License;
- Demonstrated experience in writing project proposals that won the USAID/PEPFAR fund award.
- Reputable experiences in producing, reporting and sharing quality and timely deliverables as demanded.
- Knowledge of the USAID recent COP, CDCS, policy frameworks for alternative care of children and excellent knowledge of care options for OVC and HIV care in Africa, desired;
- Demonstrated professional experience on matters related to OVC and HIV at regional, African continental and/ or international levels;
- S/he must have excellent conceptual, analytical, writing and organization skills for project proposal development;
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
Women are encouraged to apply; Opened for Ethiopian Nationals only to apply.
Interested applicants should send non-returnable C.V., application letter outlining how your experience and education fit the respective contract, and also the number of proposals previously developed and submitted to get the USAID/PEPFAR funds.
Please note that no need to submit your supporting documents at this stage:
Apply in person at ADA Office in Bahir Dar or via email: email@example.com
Please copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be submitted within 10 consecutive working days starting from the posting date, on working days, Monday to Friday, and during working hours,8:30 – 5:30 local time.
Submissions after the deadline will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.