|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 30, 2020|
|Category|| Consultancy |
|Job Type|| Contract |
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES -INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT SELECTION)
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank to the cost of the Urban Productive Safety Net Project (UPSNP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for individual consulting services.
The Individual Consulting Service (The Services) include providing support to Federal Urban Job Creation and Food Security Agency (FUJCFSA) of Ethiopia in the overall, Enroll 400 disadvantaged youth in an apprenticeship in Addis Ababa, Test the feasibility of running an apprenticeship program with a view of scaling it up to 100,000 youth in cities across the country, Set up institutional arrangements between different institutions, such as the UJCFSA (including One Stop Service Centers), JCC, MoLSA, private sector representative bodies, participating firms and job seekers, Gather data on the uptake and results of the pilot, and Develop comprehensive Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning insights that will be used to inform the scale up under the USNJP.
The services include:
- Support the development and implementation of a wide range of operational elements and business procedures and processes of the Pilot and manage the day to day activities of the pilot.
- Prepare relevant standard operating procedures for the execution of the pilot to guide the promotion, registration, selection, matching, placement and monitoring of apprentices and participating firms, including the delivery of the operational manual.
- Develop operational documents that will guide implementing partners and service providers during the implementation of the pilot.
- Contribute to the development of businesses processes for the design of the Management Information System (MIS), job seeker registration app/website and other IT-related initiatives.
- Where required, pre-test different procedural and operational aspects of the pilot to ensure the appropriate design details will be piloted.
- Work closely with service providers to ensure they are effective at executing their services and their work is aligned with the appropriate businesses processes.
- Ensure high quality intermediate and final outputs are achieved in line with the pilot and USNJP’s overall objectives.
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with pilot implementation and take appropriate action to control the risks.
- Monitor the pilot activities on a regular basis and conduct periodic evaluations.
- Report evaluation findings to the GoE counterparts and the World Bank on a regular basis.
- Liaise and coordinate between different government agencies, private sector and the World Bank to ensure effective pilot implementation.
- Support and facilitate close and collaborative relationships between PCU and UJCFSA and other partners to fast track implementation.
- Perform other duties as required.
The assignment will be for six month, with possible extension upon satisfactory performance of the consultant.
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in one of the following disciplines: international relations, political science, business administration, public administration, management, law, or a related field.
- Minimum five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in management of projects of similar scope and requirements, preferably World Bank or other international donors-funded programs.
- Previous experience as operations consultant or similar positions with a strong reputation for developing excellent collaborative working relationships with Government Ministries and development partners.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills in economic and social dimensions of development and basic understanding of Ethiopia are economic and labor market policies.
- A proven track record of leadership and management in multicultural settings, including coordination of interdisciplinary teams is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a strong set of personal values.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Amharic. Additional languages are an advantage.
The Federal Urban Job Creation and Food Security Agency now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are: Qualification and Experience as Individual consultant/Individual operation Consultant of projects of similar scope and requirements and specifically in World Bank financed project and their capability on the basis of academic background, general and relevant experience, and knowledge of local condition.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section V para 5.1 to 5.6 of The World Bank Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 and revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the individual consultant selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 8:30 am to 12 in the morning and from 2:00 to 3:30 pm local time in the afternoon.
Expressions of interest (including recent and compressive CV with a letter of application and other relevant supporting documents) must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by August 12, 2020 on or before 3:30pm
The address:-Attn: -Debebe Barud,
UPSNP project coordinator
YOBEK Commercial Center Building, 14th Floor
Telephone number 251-115-5577346, 0115575037, 0115577554
Country: - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
Urban Job Creation and Food Security Agency
Urban Productive Safety Net Project (UPSNP)