|Location||Bishoftu/Debreziet, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 28, 2020|
|Category|| Electrician |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Dümmen orange, (Olij Rose) would like to hire competent employee who fulfil the following criteria
Are you looking for an opportunity to utilize your excellent problem-solving skills and superior knowledge of all things involving electricity? Join our team as a maintenance electrician and provide services to ensure that all electrical systems, wiring and equipment remain functional. You will rely on your ability to multi-task as you work in a fast-paced environment to keep our company operational. Build your technical skills as you work closely with team members, handling orders in an efficient manner and determining which ones to prioritize.
We are looking for an experienced Electrician to undertake a variety of tasks relating to setting up and maintaining electrical infrastructure. Your job will involve installing electrical wiring in buildings and poles, troubleshooting malfunctions and blackouts and repairing appliances.
Due to the high amount of risk pertaining to this job, electricians must be first and foremost responsible individuals with great attention to safety precautions. The ideal candidate must also be experienced in different kinds of electrical devices and systems.
The goal will be to produce and maintain well-functioning electrical connections to minimize the probability of accidents and maximize usability of electricity in all facilities.
- Inspect on a routine basis electrical equipment, wiring, fixtures and other components to ensure they remain functional and are up to code, as well as to identify any hazards or issues.
- Determine the reasons for any malfunctions of systems or components, and create a maintenance or repair plan to solve the problem.
- Repair electrical systems, wiring, circuit breakers, equipment and other components so that they remains at full functioning capacity.
- Test systems with devices such as voltmeters, ammeter and ohmmeters to ensure the system remains safe and that components are compatible.
- Review blueprints to understand the placement of wiring or to comprehend the working of the equipment to provide the right service and repairs.
- Provide suggestions on the lifespan of equipment and other electrical components, advising when certain components should be replaced due to potential risks.
- Keep records of all maintenance and repair work conducted, including a record of any supplies ordered and used.
- Ensure all routine maintenance work is handled on a regular schedule to reduce the risk of larger and more complex issues and to reduce costs.
- Execute plans of electrical wiring for well-functioning lighting and other electrical systems
- Install electrical apparatus, fixtures and equipment for alarm and other systems
- Install safety and distribution components (e.g. switches, resistors, circuit-breaker panels etc.)
- Connect wiring in electrical circuits and networks ensuring compatibility of components
- Prepare and assemble conduits and connect wiring through them
- Prevent breakdown of systems by routinely inspecting and replacing old wiring, controls and insulated cables, cleaning circuits etc.
- Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged units
- Electricians install, maintain, and repair electrical power, communications, lighting, and control systems in office, greenhouse, and entire company compound.
- Executing plans of electrical wiring for well-functioning lighting, intercom and other related electrical systems
- Installing electrical apparatus, fixtures and equipment for alarm and other systems
- Installing safety and distribution components
Duties: Electricians typically do the following:
- Read blueprints or technical diagrams
- Install and maintain wiring, control, and lighting systems
- Inspect electrical components, such as electrical control system and circuit breakers
- Identify electrical problems using a variety of testing devices
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures using hand tools and power tools
- Follow state and local building regulations based on the National Electrical Code
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring or equipment
- High school diploma ,TVT diploma ,Diploma in relevant vocational training or successfully completed apprenticeship as an electrician
- 3-5 years’ experience in electrical maintenance or associated work specially rose farm
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills preferably English language
- Proven experience as an electrician
- Experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical systems
- Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter etc.) and electrical drawings and blueprints
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulations and guidelines
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Excellent physical condition and flexibility to work long shifts and overnight
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Very good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to intervene promptly and efficiently, where required
- Reliability and flexibility
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to send their CV & relevant documents through H.Gashaw@DummenOrange.com or in person to our office located in Deberzite Farm or Addis office Bole road, Friendship Building ,floor No :9 , room No : 904 within 10 days from the date of this vacancy announcement.
For more information please call: +251930 291 726