Information and Technology & Social Media Expert
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 4, 2021|
|Category|| IT / Information Technology |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Ethiopian Horticulture Producer Exporters Association (EHPEA) was established in 2002 as an autonomous and non- political organization, instituted primarily to promote the interest of members. Its membership constitutes almost all Horticulture (flower, fruit, vegetables and herbs) Producer Exporters in the country. EHPEA’s strives to promote the sustainable development of the sector and the competitive Position of Ethiopian Horticulture exports in the Global market.
To facilitate and run EHPEA’s IT and media management EHPEA is currently seeking to employ qualified and competent staffs for the hereafter mentioned position.
Under the overall guidance of the Promotion and Information Service Head of EHPEA, the IT and Social Media Expert is responsible for the day-to-day operational activities to maintain and improve the technical systems of EHPEA, by ensuring all employees have the technology they need to complete their work and the Association important files and information remain safe and intact. This position also requires a talented social media specialist to administer our social media accounts and responding to followers in a cohesive way to achieve EHPEA promotion goals. As a Social media expert, you should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our company’s views creatively.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The IT and Social Media Expert has the following duties and responsibilities to undertake:
IT Management: -
- Review diagnostics and assess the functionality and efficiency of EHPEA systems.
- Implement security measures, monitor security certificates and company compliance of requirements.
- Offer technical support to company staff and troubleshoot computer problems.
- Develop and maintain information architectures (data, application and network) ensuring the system is on-line daily.
- Assist the department head with IT related project works so as to upgrade the technology infrastructure of EHPEA.
- Train EHPEA staff with new IT related systems and equipment.
- Administer and improve the functionality of EHPEA resource center, introduce it to users to effectively utilize it electronically and in hard copy formats.
Social Media Management: -
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification.
- Oversee all EHPEA social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout);
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content as well as monitor SEO and web traffic metrics ;
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages followers/members to take action, upon approval of the immediate supervisor.
- Continuously improve by capturing and analysing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews, suggest, and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Will also perform other related activities addressed by his/her immediate supervisor.
Terms of Employment: Initially for two years but will be renewable subject to performance and availability of funds.
Salary: In accordance with the Association salary Scale
Minimum Qualification & Experience:
- Proven Minimum 5 years of work experience as an IT and Social media management
- BSc degree in Information Technology or relevant field
Required Skills and Ability
- An effective IT and Social Media Specialist requires to have a variety of soft skills, technical skills and industry knowledge to provide the most efficient and comprehensive support. These skills include:
- Working knowledge of relevant operating systems, software and programming
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills,
- Hands on experience in content management
- Ability to deliver creative content and design (text, image and video)
- Ability to Graphic design, video editing and photography shoot
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of digital platforms
- Excellent communication skills
Interested Applicants should send their Letter of Application together with non-returnable CV and supporting credentials to:
Ethiopian Horticulture Producer Exporters Association
P.O. Box 22241, Code 1000, Addis Ababa
Note: Applications can be Submitted by Post or firstname.lastname@example.org