|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 15, 2021|
|Category|| IT / Information Technology |
|Job Type|| Internship |
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
The position holder will be responsible to manage and keep up-to-date Plan International Ethiopia’s corporate web site and social media platforms in order to promote its image and increase public awareness with the aim of attaining Gender Justice for Girls, Adolescent Girls and Young Women.
Accountabilities and MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES
- Ensure all data collection and analysis has a clear focus on young girls, adolescent girls and young women.
- Develops standardized systems to support operations such as contact directories, staff organogram, email distribution lists and knowledge directories;
- Supports technical staff with providing input to cluster 5Ws
- Supports on collection and analysis of Sex and Age Disaggregated Data (SADD).
- Support on analysis of needs assessments and surveys.
- Supports teams with data collation and the development of high-quality visual products such as infographics, maps, tables, graphs.
- Supports preparations for Humanitarian project activities and events.
- Researches and prepares briefs/communication products on Ethiopia Humanitarian context
- Compiles information from different sources and produces analytical synopses for internal and external purposes (including annual reporting).
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in collection of data
- Experience of working with Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience in web design and software development is an asset
- Knowledge of the international policies and practices of Plan International
- Good interpersonal skills as he/she have to interact with the staff of different departments on a regular basis
- Good knowledge of SPHERE and the CHS.
- Strong writing skills
- English and Amharic language proficient is requirement and additional language skills desirable (for example French, Spanish,)
- May be required, to work during late hours, weekends and holidays in order to ensure timely delivery of programmes.
- Should be a quick learner and have a desire to gain knowledge.
- Be resourceful and well –organized.
The closing date for the application in June 22, 2021. Qualified candidates should submit the application using the link provided below:
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.