|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 23, 2022|
|Category|| IT / Information Technology |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Safaricom Telecommunications Ethiopia Plc is a company supporting Ethiopia’s digital transformation. As a member of the Vodacom family, we have a wealth of experience connecting over 334 million people globally and over 180 million people in Africa across our network. We look forward to partnering with Ethiopians as we build a new network in Ethiopia.
We are setting the groundwork in readiness for the launch of our services next year and are looking to work with purpose-led teams that put the community at the heart of service.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy for a Back Office IT -End User Support within the Technology and Information Function in Ethiopia. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Back Office IT- Service Center Lead, the position holder will have responsibility of timely delivery of quality IT End User Support across Safaricom, implementation of strategic and innovative desktop/device technologies as per Safaricom business objectives while collaborating with business partners to rollout IT business solutions as required.
- Proactive IT on boarding of any new internal staff members joining the business units.
- IT Education, training and awareness, providing clear instruction, help and support, being responsible for what new employees feel, see and hear when introduced to their IT equipment and support.
- Building, setting up and configuring the appropriate equipment required by both new starters and existing employees as required for them to do their jobs.
- Setting up the relevant and appropriate IT access required for internal staff in a secure way and managing the execution of this process.
- Providing high-quality walk-up face to face support during the hours of operation.
- Fulfilling any IT Service Requests in line with the customer expectations and needs.
- Proactively visiting our internal colleagues that are helping to serve our external customers and advisors on a frequent basis identifying and resolving IT issues.
- Providing telephone support remotely helping to resolve IT issues through effective diagnosis, technical actions and customer focus.
- Communicating clearly and effectively with internal colleagues being supported, owning issues through to satisfactory resolution and closure.
- Support IT equipment installations, colleague moves, and changes as required.
- Manage own workload in an efficient and effective way, working to maximize opportunities to help and support team members and colleagues.
- Clearly captures and records appropriate and relevant technical information within the Service Management toolset
- Co-ordinate the successful roll-out of new software and hardware to the entire Safaricom as required.
- Receive requests to provision a service or an asset and get approval(s) of requests
- Manage and ensure efficient procedures for the distribution and installation of changes to all end user devices.
- Disaster Recovery and security of client devices environment through the use of relevant tools.
- Automation Innovativeness for to enhance end user IT services to ease support activities
- Co-ordinate audits within the section
- Define and implement a Hardware and Software Asset Management (ITAM) database using discovery tools (SCCM) and automated tools to maintain accurate global configuration information of devices/Desktop and IT software licenses on the Safaricom network
- Ensure all assets are accounted for and components are accurately inventoried in an approved database to ensure audits compliance.
- Document obsolete assets from operational use and acquire legal indemnification for disposed assets while updating the asset status
- Manage licensing across all Safaricom offices and call centers to ensure legality, proof of ownership and utilization
- Formulation of SLA’s for all device support services within the company.
- Ensure 98% target availability of desktops/laptops, printers, projectors, Network Devices and Video conferencing within all Regional Offices
- Enforce adherence to SLA for turnaround of the different tickets for request fulfillment.
- Ensure all aspects of customer support, response, is a good experience and consistent (not one off).
- Receive new assets or services from suppliers & match received goods to Purchase orders.
- Define and implement Vendor management, service delivery initiatives and SLA across different business units within the company.
- Build and maintain relationships with all areas of the Safaricom Departments and ensure co-ordination of services offered by vendors
- Ensure contracts are linked to catalog line items.
- Evaluate and provide feedback on supplier performance quarterly
- University Degree in an Information Technology related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a support analyst in a User Support environment.
- ITIL Certifications or Equivalent.
- Microsoft Certification: MCSE, MCSA, MCP
- CISCO Certification: CCNA
- Experience in Virtualized systems
- Experience in Microsoft SCCM and related software Deployment tools
- Ability to Project Desktop hardware and software requirements.
- IT Projects Management.
- Experience in Capex and Opex Management
- 3-year experience in Supplier/Vendor Management, IT Support Services sourcing and contract cost monitoring & Agreements Maintenance
- Good stakeholder management skills
- Excellent People Skills.
- People Management
- Customer Obsessed.