|Date Posted||January 21, 2020|
|Category|| Consultancy |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Infrastructure and WASH Zonal Coordinator
The Infrastructure and WASH Zonal Coordinator is responsible to coordinate all, infrastructure and WASH related activities at the project office in consultation with Infrastructure and WASH Project Manager and key project stakeholders from the Field Office. The position holder is responsible in planning and design of infrastructures and WASH facilities (BOQ and drawing), monitoring and evaluation, contract administration of construction undertakings. The position holder is expected to have sound experience and knowledge on design and supervision for all infrastructures related activities and is responsible to assist the Infrastructure and WaSH project manager. As part of the assignment, the position holder is also expected to organize WASH related trainings for the community, design appropriate technologies (economical, durable and manageable scheme), and adhere to agreed construction methodologies as per SC SOP. The position holder also responsible to coordinate and mobilize community and local authorities to participate in the construction and WASH activities from the planning to handover stage.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Prepares: design of civil infrastructure, Specification & bills of quantities, cost estimates and bid document
- Prepare work and monitoring plan and develop methodologies
- Prepares engineering design, bills of quantities and cost estimates of infrastructures and develops monitoring and supervision methodologies
- Follow the progress of the infrastructure and WaSH related activities through checking contractors are acting as per the agreed work schedule to accomplish all their tasks on time.
- Conducts site handing over, make regular supervision to all project sites and evaluates the progress
- Ensure the appropriateness of construction site handing over, make regular supervision to all construction project sites and evaluates the progress
- Monitors the quality of materials and workmanship for conformity to agreed standards
- Initiates and facilitated payments to contractors for the executed work as per the agreed milestone
- Taking responsibilities for the infrastructure and WaSH related activities and administration of the contract.
- Prepares technical and narrative reports on progress of infrastructure and WaSH undertakings upon agreed intervals
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- Participates in construction bid openings, registration and recording of readings
- Conduct Infrastructure and WASH need assessments in the intervention areas in Waghimra Zone jointly with expertise from partners and share the report to infrastructure and WaSH Project manager for advise and comment
- Under the supervision of the Infrastructure and WaSH project manager, handles overall administration of Infrastructure and WASH construction activities of the project
- Ensure quality of materials and workmanship for conformity to agreed standards
- Prepares technical and narrative reports on progress of construction and WASH undertakings and submit monthly to CO Infrastructure and FO project stakeholders
- Liaises with communities, local authorities and other agencies regularly to ensure participation, coordination and effective implementation of activities
- Strengthen and develop relationships with stakeholders (government, partners, other development organizations), which support the development and implementation of Construction and water works.
- SC Values are: Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity, and Integrity. To meet the value system, the post holder is expected to demonstrate the following competencies on an ongoing basis.
- Leading Delivering result: Takes personal responsibility and holds others to account to deliver our ambitious goals for children, continually improving own performance or that of the team/organisation.
- Thinking Applying technical and professional expertise: Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practices within and outside the organisation.
- Working effectively with others: Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
- Communicating with Impact: Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence; promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust with others
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIANCE REQUIRED
- BSc in Civil Engineering, Water resource engineering, hydraulics, hydrogeology and related fields with a minimum of 4 years related work experience
- Familiarity with community mobilization, development and participatory approach
- Technical background and knowledge in construction management and demonstrated work experience in designing, construction and supervision of public infrastructure like health centres, hospitals, water supply and sanitation facilities, schools, crossing structures, irrigation, drainage structures…
- Computer literate and operational knowledge of MS office, knowledge of Engineering-Software (AutoCAD, Archi CAD, GIS etc.)
Excellent oral and written English skills
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.