|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 19, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
GIZ-External Vacancy Announcement #131/2021
Training/Job Partnership and promotion of the Medium-Size Enterprises in Ethiopia
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German state-owned company, which is working in the field of technical and international development cooperation in more than 100 countries worldwide.
“The Programme Training/Job Partnerships and Support to the Middle-size Enterprises” is a program that has been commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) in December 2018 until June 2022 and it is the first project phase under the special initiatives of the German Development Cooperation.
The aim is that “Enterprises in selected sectors are showing employment growth” and the programme has the following areas of intervention:
1) Capacity Development of the Ethiopian Medium Size Enterprises;
2) Improvement of the employment conditions for sustainable job creation and employment-related growth of the production in the industrial parks;
3) Creation of conducive environment for cooperation between Ethiopian and international companies.
The program thereby acts as a facilitator between the project partner, German Development Cooperation and relevant stakeholders and therefore uses appropriate learning formats to promote networking and the sharing of knowledge among partners.
Number of open positions: Two (2)
Contract Duration: Three (3) months
Responsibilities and Duties
The interns provide support for:
- Improving the employment conditions to ensure sustainable job creation and employment-related growth in Industrial Parks
- Analysis of challenges on employment conditions to be supported by the Programme
- Conduct assessment on support mechanism to ensure sustainable job creation
- Develop and present concept for sustainable job creation and employment related growth in the industrial parks
- Managing tasks according to the program’s goals, team agreements in consultations with deputy head of program and/or assigned team member
- Innovation and knowledge management as well as transmission of results to counterparts and other relevant stakeholders such as international partners and bilateral/regional German cooperation programmes
- Identifying of topics in the sphere of Training/Job partnerships that are relevant for the target group, national commission and international partners that are part of the program’s dialogue
- Monitoring and reporting on recent developments in the sphere of the programme sectoral areas in the region
- Close collaboration with other GIZ bilateral or regional programs in the region that are linked working in the same areas
- Any other tasks as and when advised by the deputy head of the Programme or duly assigned deputy.
Required qualifications and professional experience
- University degree in development studies, international relations, business, economics or other related field of studies.
- Not required
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, Access or other database programme)
- Good command of English
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email: email@example.com
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number ‘Intern #131/2021’ in the subject line of your email application.
Due to large number of applications we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”