|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 22, 2022|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Communications and Administrative Support Intern will assist the Advisor in Communications and M&E Reporting and the Programme Assistant in the implementation of activities of the Programme “Supporting the Pan African University (PAU) and establishing the Institute for Water and Energy Sciences – including Climate Change (PAUWES)”. Specific responsibilities and duties will include:
- Provide continuous support to the programme team as required, and especially to the Advisor in Communications and M&E Reporting and the Programme Assistant.
- Support the design, implementation and monitoring of communications-related activities.
- Contribute to collecting, organizing, analyzing and archiving communications-related data.
- Provide support in the monitoring and evaluation of programme activities, including data collection, information gathering, and creation and dissemination of assessment surveys.
- Assist in the definition and generation of content to feed the programme’s communication channels including through the promotion of activities and results on social media.
- Support the organization of national and international workshops, events and trainings.
- Support the programme team with the preparation of national and international travels.
- Assist with administrative and financial tasks in line with GIZ guidelines and procedures.
- Support the recording and update of physical and digital inventories using GIZ standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Social Sciences, Communications, Humanities, Marketing, Public Relations or Administration.
- Strong professional interest in development cooperation.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken, written, reading and understanding of English language.
- Computer literacy and IT skills with knowledge of digital tools such as MS Office, Outlook, OneDrive, etc.
- Ability to work independently and within a multicultural team both virtually and face-to-face.
- Ability to work under pressure and in challenging environments and within tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated individual with good time management and strong communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and diplomacy skills, understanding of diversity and cultural sensibility.
Non-essential but desirable skills
- First hands-on experience in the fields of higher education, regional integration or international development cooperation.
- Knowledge of HTML, website content management and graphic design.
- Knowledge and understanding of the French language.
- Willingness to undertake national and international travels.