Internal Audit Department Manager
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 27, 2022|
|Category|| Audit |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
KAKI PLC is an official dealer and assembler of ISUZU in Ethiopia. It is also engaged in different business lines including import, export, metal fabrication, after sales services, and cargo freight transport operations. The company wishes to employ a qualified professional for the Internal Audit Department Manager position:
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Plan, organize, lead, monitor and control the audit and inspection functions of the company to ensure that financial records represent transactions, specific programs and functions work as intended to achieve stated goals, and company operations comply with government rules and regulations.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage planning and implementation of performance audits to ensure that key programs and functions are performed according to internal policy and procedures, while maintaining achievement of the stated goals and objectives.
- Analyze risk, develop the company’s yearly audit plan, handle audit assignments, and review all paperwork and audit reports.
- Manage risk and control assessments of areas under audit consideration – operational and financial, compliance and performance audits.
- Develop and adopt standard auditing policies, systems and procedures, and contribute to the formulation of operational policies, and advise management in major operational activities.
- Ensure that audit is conducted in a professional manner and in accordance with the international acceptable internal audit standards.
- Analyze and evaluate accounting documents, prepare reports reflecting audit results and recommendations to ensure compliance with policy and procedures, and rules and regulations.
- Ensure that pre-audit is performed to examine vouchers, contracts, etc. when necessary to verify accuracy of transactions prior to making associated payments.
- Monitor implementation of after audit corrective measures to evaluate adequacy, effectiveness and timeliness of those corrective actions.
- Manage regular periodic physical counts of inventory and make recommendations for improvement as required.
- Coordinate financial audits to ensure that financial records and statements do accurately represent transactions of the company.
- Oversee implementation of compliance audit to ensure that company business operations are performed in accordance with the internal controls, laws and regulations.
- Provide management with the necessary tools and advice to attain operational efficiency by identifying problems and correcting lapses before they are discovered by an external audit at a later stage.
- Ensure that comments of external auditors are addressed by those who have been audited.
- Direct, lead, guide, support and control audit team members to ensure that they are trained and motivated to perform their duties and responsibilities to the standards required.
- Coordinate audit assignments and ensure good interactions of audit team members with the administrators, staff, external auditors and law enforcement agencies.
- Ensure that the performance reports prepared at company level are acceptable and supported by tangible evidence.
- Conduct audit assurance to assure management that key financial reports are accurate and operations are based on applicable policy and regulations.
Required Number : 1(One)
Qualification : BA or MA in Finance and Accounting
Work Experience : 12 years for BA, and 10 years for MA graduate in relevant role
Skills and Abilities:
- Computer skill, communication skills, English language proficiency
- Analytical and good attention to detail
- Objectivity and ethical standards
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software, and database
- Knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations