|Location||Abaya, Gelana & suroberguda woredas, West guji zone, Oromia region., Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 22, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Internship |
People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout our over 26 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance 2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe. In our over 16 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection, Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture, Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs.
PIN would like to invite energetic, disciplined, responsible Female Intern applicant for the specific project entitled “Multisector emergency response to the acute needs of the most vulnerable IDPs and returnees in West Guji zones in Oromia and Gedeo zone in SNNPR, Ethiopia (April 01,2020-March 31,2021)’’.
Length of internship: for 3 months
Place of work: Base in wonago woreda,Gedio zone (SNNP Region) and Abaya, Gelana & suroberguda woredas, West guji zone, Oromia region.
Under the general guidance and supervision of the field coordinator and field officers intern will participate and independently conduct registration of beneficiaries and distribution of WASH NFI and shelter NFI, Support the field officer on providing orientation, cash utilization, assisting field officers in preparation of beneficiary payroll, follow up cash disbursement process at cash disbursement spot, support beneficiary registration, verification processes for cash recipient, closely working with teller/cashier, support community mobilization, voucher distribution.
Duties and Responsibilities of intern
- Actively participated in beneficiary’s selection criteria setting up process
- Ensure proper selection project beneficiaries done according agreed selection criteria
- Involve in beneficiary’s verification process with respective kebele disaster reduction committee
- Actively involves in community mobilization for rehabilitation of damaged facilities in key public institution such as schools, health centers and others
- Prepare beneficiaries master files and ensure proper distribution of WASH and shelter NFIs by strictly following up do not do harm principle
- Properly carry out post distribution monitoring after distribution were done and compile lesson learnt regulars
- Collect GPS location and necessary data for water schemes found in project operation area
- Coordinate with other partners at kebele level and attend various coordination mechanism meeting at kebele level and share meeting updates and findings with the project coordinator
- collaborate with project coordinator in planning, needs assessment/identification, proposal preparation, budgeting, monitoring, reporting
- attaining the adequate results in proper quality and in time
- assure that all visibility material and events are in accordance with the donor and PIN Guidelines
- Provide project coordinator with weekly plans and reports of activities achieved. The reports shall be submitted every Thursday morning and will contain a shortlist of activities achieved in the past week and activities planned for the next one
- assist the project coordinator when a need arises
- involve in market assessment and other baseline survey and market assessment
- maintaining good personal relations in the team
- Actively collaborate with PIN’s other ongoing project team members in the project operation areas
- other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics and other related fields of study from a recognized higher education institution.
- Minimum zero years of work experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good command of MS Package (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook).
- Knowledge of spoken & written Amharic, English and spoken local language Oromifa and gedeofa is advantageous.
Interested applicants for the position should fill the application form and send their CV and Cover letter as soon as possible via following the link: Intern Application Form until August 28,2020.
Should any information needed please contact using: email@example.com
Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies)
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.