|Location||Gambella (Frequently travel to Jewi Refugee camps), Gambela, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 17, 2021|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Save the Children is an exciting and dynamic organization that follows a holistic approach to achieve more for children and use its resources in an efficient and sustainable way. In every programming we aim to achieve results at scale, build partnership to influence others and increase our impact; look for innovate solutions to the problems children faces, campaign for better practice and ensure that Children’s voices are heard.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity. We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children both in their private and professional lives.
Save the Children offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development. If you are interested to work in an organization that is determined to achieve dramatic change for the most vulnerable children, we encourage you to look through the job profile below.Job Purpose
The intern will help the Child Protection officers in implementing case management and Incentive workers’ data management activities. The child protection case management is currently focused on series of Case management steps: identification, registration, assessment, case plan, implementation and follow up of vulnerable refugee children. Successful, case closure after achieving the objective in the case plan and appropriate pre and post family tracing and reunification (FTR) is the result expected of the intern caseworker. It also includes components of psychosocial support to children through community based child protection networks and child friendly spaces.
The incumbent of this position represents Save the Children values and principles in interactions with staff and external audiences. These values and principles include commitment to the mission of Save the Children international, team orientation, quality management and leadership development, introducing systems and procedures to strengthen staff motivation and productivity.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Directly Reports to: Program Specialist-Child Protection in Emergency (CPiE)
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- In cooperation with camp based Child Protection officers identify and register vulnerable children for case management.
- Establish strong referral mechanism
- Conduct follow (home visits) to active cases
- Develop and implement case management plan
- Actively work on best interest assessment and determination processes.
- Ensure that the case management actions are carried out effectively and efficiently with agreed time frame with line manager with high standard of quality, in accordance with SC's policies, values and operating principles.
- Provide assistance to the volunteers and project staff in running case management to ensure high service
- Train incentive caseworkers on steps, principles, factors and toolkits of case management processes.
- Support Child led Clubs at Schools/CFS’s and develop Risk Maps for all locations.
- Support & attend periodic meetings of Child Protection Networks and meetings and record progress and minutes.
- Assist the project staff and volunteers to follow up on identified cases of separated and unaccompanied children and ensure appropriate case management throughout all stages of family tracing, including ensuring that immediate interim care needs, and material and psychosocial needs of children are met.
- Supervise weekly coordination and case management meetings with case workers and facilitate the design of weekly work plans.
- Proactively ensure synergies between all children protection activities, such as referral of separated children identified in CFSs to FTR Caseworkers etc.
- Assist the Child Protection officers to organise and facilitate trainings and awareness raising activities for volunteers, Child Protection Networks and partners’ staff on different topics as required.
- Prepare weekly activity plans with volunteers and staff as necessary and ensure smooth implementation of these plans.
- Provide weekly and month updates on case management.
- Work with cultural sensitivity and respect the dignity of refugees and members of the host communities at all times.
- Performs other functions relative to Child Protection activities and initiatives that may be assigned by Child Protection officer or coordinator.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- University degree in Social Studies, Management, and related social science departments with a cumulative GPA 2.75 and above.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Very good written and spoken English,
- Basic understanding of child protection and community based approached
- Computer knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to prioritize tasks
- Able to operate in extremely harsh living and working environment
- Knowledge of the Gambella region socio-culture and local language where the post is located
Interested and qualified candidate can send their CV and application for Save the children International Gambela HR office at the following email address or submit in person.