|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 17, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, nutrition
Under supervision of programme officer, The Nutrition Intern provides professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for Gambela nutrition programmes and projects. The incumbent applies theoretical and technical skills in researching, collecting, analyzing, and presenting technical programme information to support the development and formulation of the Nutrition Programme within the region, while learning organizational rules, regulations and procedures. The main responsibilities are
- Support to Gambela nutrition programme development and planning.
- Follow-up CMAM and IYCF Data management, monitoring and delivery of results.
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation by regional health bureau, disaster prevention and food security agency (DPFSA) and other nutrition partners.
- Networking and partnership building with stakeholders.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building.
How can you make a difference?
- Collect, compile analyze, verify, and synthesize nutrition information’s and data’s collected from health facilities as per the standard.
- Support the preparation of technical reports and inputs for programme preparation and documentation.[ra1]
- assist to prepare required documentations and materials to facilitate the programme review
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, quarterly, Bi-annually and annual nutrition sectoral reviews with the government and other counterparts and prepare minutes and reports on results for follow up action by UNICEF Gambella field office and other stakeholders.
- Undertake field visits, and exchange information with partners and stakeholders to assess progress
- Participate monthly CMAM and IYCF review meeting with nutrition consultants and takes minutes and share with field office nutrition programme officer.
- Participate emergency and regular nutrition coordination meetings with and/or in the absence of nutrition programme officer.
- Apply innovative approaches and promote good practices to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable programme results.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- He/ she should be enrolment at a university in Ethiopia at the undergraduate or graduate level or be a recent graduate (within the past two years) in in nutrition, public health, Social Science, Health Education/promotion, or related technical field is required.
- Knowledge of relevant computer systems and applications.
- Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills.
- Willingness to contribute and work as part of a team.
- Flexible and open to learning and new experiences.
- Respect for diversity and adaptability to other cultures and working environments.
- Fluency in English.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS).
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
The selected candidate is solely responsible to ensure that the visa (applicable) and health insurance required to perform the duties of the contract are valid for the entire period of the contract. The candidate may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid)