|Location||With frequent field visits, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 31, 2020|
|Category|| Communication |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Dan Church Aid (DCA) DCA is a Danish Humanitarian and Development organisation working to assist and empower people affected by poverty and disasters to live a life in dignity. In Ethiopia, DCA’s area of works include humanitarian response, food security, Resilience building of vulnerable community members and Gender and capacity building of civil society organizations.
DCA Ethiopia promotes gender equality and equal opportunities. As part of its commitment, DCA strives to ensure gender equity at the institutional level. Therefore, recently DCA Ethiopia office has established an internship program for female fresh graduates.
Therefore, with this call, DCA would like to receive letter of interest and CV for a female Communications Intern who will contribute to the promotion, documentation, and visibility of DCA’s work. The intern will be based in DCA Country Office with frequent travel to project sites.
Key Activities to be exercised during the internship
Social Media activities
- Will produce contents/materials for:
- 6 FB posts per month
- 6 tweets per month
- 1 in depth article of DCA focus area to be published (newspaper/Magazine) per quarter.
- Produce information pamphlets/brochures and other promotional materials for DCA with an eye on donor visibility requirements.
- Produce year factsheet for DCA summarizing main achievements within all three focus areas to be published on website and shared with donors.
Secondary tasks (ad-hoc as per request)
- Media support for DCA events including producing banners, posters and media stories.
- Support DCA field team in photograph and collecting materials for success stories.
- Support programme in developing communication and visibility plans
- Undertake production of communication materials linked to specific projects (videos, radio, etc.)
- Produce DCA Ethiopia communication strategy with annual action plans.
- Provide input in to DCA Global communication when required.
- Travel to project sites to produce stories of interest and capacitate field team.
- Work from Addis based on communication with programme team (field and Addis) and input from reports.
Duration: Six months (with possibility of extension depending on availability of funding and performance.
No. required: 1(one)
- BA Degree in Journalism and Communication from a recognized academic institution.
- Interest in learning
- Ability to travel
- Ability to use graphics software such as Adobe and In-design.
- Ability to speak Afari, Afan Oromo, Nuer languages an advantage.
- Fluency in Written and Spoken English.
Interested graduate who meet the above requirement can send letter of interest and CV using the below link.
DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested female candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, race, marital status and religious, political, or ethnic affiliation. Please do not mention your religious or ethnic affiliation in your application.