|Location||Melkadida, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 15, 2021|
|Category|| Communication |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Duties and Qualifications
Under the supervision of the Resettlement Expert, the Interpreters will work closely with the Protection unit in Melkadida Sub Office. The Interpreters will be responsible for interpreting interviews, translating various documents including but not limited to civil documents such as: marriage/divorce certificates, birth notifications and certificates. They will also serve as interpreters during in-country resettlement interviews. Additionally, they interpret oral conversations, discussions, and interviews for visiting missions. They will assist in field related activities such as crowd control, information campaigns and during general food distributions. They will also travel with international staff on missions to the field for interpretation and other assistance, as needed.
- Interprets and/or translates various documents including but not limited to marriage/divorce certificates, birth notifications and certificates.
- Interprets oral conversations, discussions and interviews especially when attending meetings with high ranking officials, diplomats and others.
- Provide assistance in field related activities such as crowd control, refugee counselling information dissemination campaigns and general food distribution.
- Travels with international staff on their missions to the field for interpretation and other assistance, as needed.
- Performs other duties as required
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Must have completed secondary level education
- Must be an Ethiopian national with valid identification
- Good written and spoken skills in English
- Knowledge of local language including Somali
Desirable Qualification and Competencies:
- Knowledge of UNHCR's mandate and work with refugees.
- Computer proficiency in Excel, Word and internet
- Competencies as defined in Job Profile
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can apply through :
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
An eliminatory or complementary written test for shortlisted candidates may be conducted which will be followed by competency-based interview.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must be nationals of the country and be locally recruited within the country of their employment.