|Location||Bishoftu/Debreziet, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 24, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Company profile: Ahadukes Food Product S.C. is a manufacturing company primarily engaged in food products, Biscuits and Pasta in Bishoftu town of Oromia state. It is a joint investment between Ahadu P.L.C & UK based Vasari investment Group. We hence, invite qualified applicants for Inventory Control Head vacant positions.
Role purpose general: To manage an efficient and effective Inventory control management activities including stock control, order processing, documentation and reporting, stock counting, and liaising with concerned parties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support including processing shipment returns, processing requisitions, scheduling deliveries and pickups, preparing reports, performs general office duties including filing and answering.
- Provides necessary inventory reports for warehouse and Finance Department.
- Troubleshoots any assigned problems that require special attention.
- Supervise the receipt of incoming material shipments, verifying that appropriate receipt and Quality Control (QC) inspections are completed in a timely manner.
- Participates in the accomplishment of Inventory Cycle Counts and Physical Inventories, Root Cause Analysis and Accuracy.
- Monitors obsolete and non-moving materials to identify and recommend items for disposition. Supervises the preparation of items as required for sale, return, or scrapping.
- Liaises with Ware house team/Production team/Whole sale and Retail representative, and sales team in matters related to inventory control activities.
- Monitors and tracks materials that are late or holding up production.
- Assists inventory manager in the periodic preparation of performance reports related to inventory control activities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualification: First degree in Materials Management/Accounting/ Logistics & Supplies Management/ Procurement & Supply Chain Management/ Supplies Management/ Procurement & Sales Management/ Management/ Business Administration or other relevant field of study.
- 6 years of experience in Warehouse Management or Logistics Management preferably in Manufacturing company in particular relevance to Food Product.
Technical Skills Required/ Required Competencies
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in warehouse planning, warehouse resource allocation including personnel management, leadership technique, warehouse operations methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods using alternative modes of transportation and the methods for evaluating relative costs and benefits of alternatives.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits.
- Knowledge of some arithmetic methods and their applications in warehouse administration.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective storage and distribution of goods.
- Good knowledge of ERP, JIT, TQM
- Effective communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring/Assessing warehouse personnel individual and unit performance to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Using Office Applications for effective communication, record management and data analysis.
- Managerial Skills
- Change agent
- Conflict Management
- Coaching & Mentoring
Knowledge skills, attitude & attributes:
- Leadership attributes, visionary, strategic thinking, change agent, integrity
- Well developed and proven communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Mature person and team player.
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to enforce adherence to Finance policies
- Experience in supervisory/people management
- Have a detailed understanding of MRP and inventory control / management systems.
- Background in inventory control.
- Supervisory/people management experience
Interested applicants who can fulfill the stated requirements can submit their application letter with non-returnable CV and supporting documents within 10 (Ten) consecutive working days from the date of this announcement in person to HR Department Admin assistant office or through-mail: or email@example.com
N.B. Please mention the title of the position you applied for the subject line of your email. Candidates who do not follow the instruction will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be notified for interview.
Addis Ababa, Ahadu Complex building 3rd floor near Gerji Mebrat Hail Tel: 011-6-293569,
Bishoftu, along the way to Ziqula road near Unlimited Packaging PLC Tel: 011-8-489750