|Location||Kombolcha, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 7, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Vacancy Announcement No. 53 – 2019/20
The vision of ECX is to become a leading and dynamic African Exchange of choice. ECX has a mission to provide a modern, efficient, transparent and reliable market platform and warehousing service through adaptation of technology, excellence in innovation and with integrity. The ECX is a unique partnership of market actors, the Members of the Exchange, and its main promoter, the Government of Ethiopia. ECX represents the future of Ethiopia, bringing integrity, security, and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to recruit motivated and qualified applicants for the following positions.
1. Position:- Inventory Controller
Job Grade: - 6
Duty Station: - Kombolcha
Availability: - As soon as possible
Job Purpose: - Receive and issue commodities as per the ECX warehousing policy and procedures. Ensure stacks are properly maintained and cleanliness is maintained. Keeps updated record regarding the commodities in the warehouse.
SUMMARY MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive/issue commodities as per ECX receiving & issuing procedures and ensure commodities stored and are preserved properly, he/she is responsible for any weight loss in the warehouse;
- Load/unload as per the instruction given by the Lead Controller, Warehouse Operations/ Warehouse Supervisor and deliver commodities based on FIFO method by using PUN and DN;
- Ensure stacks are properly carried out and labelling of commodities is carried out, inspect the warehouse is clean and with no leakage; and visually inspect and verify the grade given by the laboratory;
- Prepare and submit GRN/GIN approval report; prepare, record and update operational document (deposit ticket, loading ticket, and master cards); prepare labour payment request, sign & submit a deposit/loading tickets; prepare & submit the shortfall report on the completion of the stack & produce reports to communicate key critical areas that have shown up;
- Coordinate & monitor the daily labourers, security guards and cleaners and properly handle the furniture and other office equipment in the warehouse;
- Display the highest ethical and professional behaviour towards the customers/ clients in providing services associated with the Exchange at the specific warehouse;
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- BA/BSC in Supplies Management, Business Management, Accounting, Agribusiness Management or related fields and
- 2 years of relevant experience in agricultural commodity inventory management, warehouse management, inventory control or related areas
All interested and qualified applicants may send a cover/application letter and updated CV with relevant important documents via: firstname.lastname@example.org or in hard copy by post with position marked on the envelope: Ethiopia Commodity Exchange, P.O. Box 17341, Addis Ababa or at Respective ECX branch Offices on or before August 12, 2020
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
ECX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified female candidates. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.