|Date Posted||December 20, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. We aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
GAIN Ethiopia is re-registered by Charities and Societies Agency of Ethiopia with license certificate no. 2896 to operate in Ethiopia as a Foreign Charity in accordance with the Charities and Societies Proclamation No. 1113/2019.
GAIN Ethiopia is working closely in different area of nutrition in line with the government National Nutrition program. Recognizing the importance of Food Safety, GAIN Ethiopia is committed to contribute to evidence-based actions to improve the safety of nutritious food in formal markets. The Evidence and Action towards Safe and Nutritious food (EATSAFE) has completed its research activities in the Hawassa market and ready to kick off the implementation phase. EATSAFE program is looking for a consultancy firm who can assign an individual who can coordinate the implementation program in Hawassa.
The USAID-funded EatSafe: Evidence and Action Towards Safe, Nutritious Food program will be implemented by a consortium led by GAIN with the goal of generating evidence and knowledge of the potential of increased consumer demand for safe food to improve the safety of nutritious foods in informal market settings in low- and middle-income countries.
The consulting firm is required to assign an individual who will work in the in the project implementation plan, identify and consult with l counterparts in Hawassa, and provide technical and coordination support for project activities.
Tasks and responsibilities
Work with the EatSafe Ethiopia Senior Programme Manager and project staff to ·support implementation of the project’s activities including but not limited to overseeing implementation of activities in the market, supervise data collection activities; coordinate local partners and support local stakeholder engagement.
• Support the Senior Programme Manager to ensure that all project activities on the field are completed according to the implementation timeframe
• Support the Senior Programme Manager in monitoring Feed the Future indicators, ensure regular communication with partners and colleagues
• Support the testing of program interventions in Hawassa
• Support in stakeholder engagement processes
• Support the tracking and monitoring of programme implementations and indicators
• Prepare implementation report regularly
• Other activities assigned by the program Manager
The consulting firm need to provide working space and tools such as computers to the assigned individual technical assistant.
Competencies of the assigned individual technical assistant
• Strong project management skills
• FtF Indicator monitoring and reporting skills
• Ability to use initiative, prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
• Negotiation and advocacy skills
• Clear and systematic thinking that demonstrates good judgment, expert problem solving, and creativity
• Effective communication skills in multicultural, multi-lingual environment
• Flexible and goal oriented
• IT literate, with excellent MS Office skills; experience with data analysis software such as Stata a plus
• Skilled with organization, planning, and time management
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written) – fluency in English required
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work alone and in a team settingExperience
• Minimum of 5 years of project implementation and monitoring experience
• Experience in food safety or related fields in the food and agriculture space
• Experience overseeing the implementation of project activities on time,
• Experience working on USAID projects and monitoring FtF indicators
• Experience developing successful partnerships
• Deep understanding of issues related to food safety and traditional markets in Ethiopia
• Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Food Technology, Food Safety, Microbiology, Nutrition, Public Health,
• A Postgraduate qualification (Master’s Degree) in a relevant discipline will be a strong advantage
•Resident in Hawassa
•Understanding of the sidama regional language