|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 29, 2020|
|Category|| Consultancy |
|Job Type|| Contract |
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) was launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. GAIN is a global, Swiss-based foundation that mobilizes public-private partnerships and provides financial and technical support to deliver nutritious foods to those people most at risk of malnutrition.
One of our programs in Ethiopia is supporting food fortification. Food fortification is one of the key strategies endorsed by the Government of Ethiopia to reduce micronutrient deficiencies. As part of fortification program GAIN provides support to strengthen the capacity of the food testing laboratories to provide credible service in fortified product testing.
The major objective of developing select laboratory documentation for Ethiopian Public Health (EPHI) Food testing laboratory is to widen the scope of the accreditation to include fortified wheat flour and edible oil micronutrients (vitamins and Minerals) testing as well as peroxide value(for oil ) testing.
SCOPE OF THE WORK
The consultant works closely with EPHI food laboratory personnel and report to GAIN, under an agreed work plan, to undertake tasks that will include, the following:
The document to be prepared
- Risk and opportunities procedure based on ISO/IEC 17025:2017
- Sampling Procedure for fortified flour and fortified edible oil based on the latest Ethiopian standard, AOAC or other relevant official standards/methods.
- SOP for all Oil parameters listed in the latest Ethiopian standards for fortified wheat flour
- SOP for all wheat flour parameters listed in the latest Ethiopian fortified wheat flour standards
- The consultant should submit the final document based on the Provided template by EPHI Laboratory.
- The consulting firm is requested to submit a detailed work plan in the form of an activity schedule in the technical proposal.
- Procedures and standard operating procedures (SOP’s) described under no. 3
- Presentation of the prepared documents to GAIN and EPHI Lab.
- The consultancy firm should submit the deliverables to the EPHI and GAIN as per agreed timeline
- Address the comments provided from EPHI lab and revise the documents accordingly, within the given timeline
DURATION OF THE SERVICE
The document should be completed on or before June10, 2020
- Advanced university degree in chemistry/analytical chemistry/food science or related disciplines
- Knowledge of food testing methods and practical work experience in a food testing laboratory will be a significant asset
- At least 5 years’ experience in the organization, operation and laboratory quality management system of food testing laboratories
- Knowledge and experience in accreditation of food testing laboratories according to ISO/IEC17025 :2017
- Demonstrated experience in laboratory manuals development
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
How to apply: Consulting firms/ consultants should send their technical and financial proposal in a separate folder to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com only by close of business day on 13 May 2020
A sample manual developed by consultant should be submitted along with the technical proposal.
Subject must refer “LOCAL CONSULTANT FOR DEVELOPING SELECTED FOOD TESTING LABORATORY DOCUMENTS.