|Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
|January 4, 2023
Professional Alliance for Development/PADet is an indigenous, non-partisan, non-governmental organization established in 1998 with the main objectives of improving the situation of poor and vulnerable children, youth, and women through implementing programs of Food Security and Livelihood, Peace Building, RH/HIV/AIDS, Social Accountability, Gender Equality and Women Empowerment and Child Protection/Development. The organization has several programs in Oromia, Amhara and Afar regions and in Addis Ababa city administration.
PADet, with its co-implementing partners Rift Valley Children Women Development Organization (RCWDO) and Action Aid Ethiopia (AAE), implements projects that contributes to building capacity for target community members so as to ensure their inclusive development. PADet practices hands-on development approaches where stakeholders fully take part in the development process. As part of its overall programme, and with a financial support from the European Union Civil Society Fund III (EU-CSF III), PADet and its partners have been implementing a project entitled Amplify Efforts for Equal Opportunity and to End Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG), contract ref. FED/2020/414-558 in the period February 12, 2020 to February 11, 2023. The project had the overall objective of increasing the participation of women, girls and their organizations in the development and democratization process of the country and thus to the achievement of SDG5 in Ethiopia
OBJECTIVES OF THE SERVICE / WORK
The overall objective of the final evaluation is: to contribute to strengthening accountability to key stakeholders and the internal learning of PADet and implementing partners with regard to performances in programme implementation, generating lessons learnt and assuring result orientation.
- First, preferably second degree in relevant fields of Gender and Social studies, sociology and social work and other development related fields
- Preferably 10 years, but not less than 5 years’ knowledge and experience in conducting surveys, studies and evaluations in Ethiopia:
- At least 3 assignments completed in the evaluation of projects/programmes; with at least 2 of them with CSO projects;
- The consultant/s shall have knowledge about CSOs and good grasp of the context and challenges of the operational environment;
- Knowledge and experience with evaluation methodologies (both qualitative and quantitative methods).
- Knowledge of Amharic, English & Afan Oromo