|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 25, 2020|
|Category|| IT / Information Technology |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Eliminate Tuberculosis from Ethiopia (ETBE) is a five-year USAID-funded project with the goal of reducing TB incidence and mortality by improving the quality, access, utilization, and sustainability of TB services. This project builds on the work of previous USAID activities (Challenge TB, HEAL TB, TB Care, and others) that have been supporting the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Program (NTLP) to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) and STOP TB milestones. ETBE’s support focuses on improving access and utilization to quality and patient-centred comprehensive TB services.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a global health non-profit organization that makes foundational changes to health systems to protect people from diseases and improve their health. MSH collaborates with local partners, from Ministries to communities, to strengthen and complement existing health systems. Since 1971, MSH has worked in more than 150 countries to help and ensure sustainable, resilient, and equitable access to quality health care around the globe.
The IT & eHealth Specialist provides software and hardware support to all computer users in the office and resolves network problems by performing problem diagnoses and guiding users through step-by step solutions. He/she manages server infrastructure and related network hardware and performs installation and configuration of server and client software. He/She will also support the development, coordination, and implementation of activities in the Digital Health Strategy of the project to leverage technology to improve the quality of health care services.
This position will clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner; provide one-on-one end-user training and troubleshooting problems; conduct hardware and software inventory, database maintenance and reporting; and perform related work as required.
IT / System Support:
- Provide technical set-up and needed support on all IT related issues, including installation and testing of workstations, servers, network devices, printers, client software, upgrades, and configuration at central and regional project offices.
- Implement and document network operations, processes, and procedures including for regional offices;
- Deploy and implement office network according to HQ specifications.
- Supervise installations performed by third parties such as cabling, internet connection, etc.
- Perform a systematic review of existing digital health solutions and coordinate for project intervention and scale up; eg. eSpecimen referral system to facilitate sample transportation & result delivery, Video-conferencing infrastructures for blended training and patient consultation, etc.
- Develop electronic tools and a database for routine project activities including assessment and supportive supervisions,
- Collaborate with other partners to enhance the use of new electronic initiatives for TB/DR TB patient referral, registration and treatment follow up;
- Set up, implement, maintain hardware firewall and Supervise equipment maintenance performed by other contractors
- Implement and enforce security on the network and prevent misuse of the IT resources
- Participate in writing IT office policy and revising user manuals for existing digital health solutions;
- Responsible for IT inventory; work closely with the Finance and Operations Director and procurement staff to monitor distribution and location of IT equipment by performing a yearly inventory check-up
- Keep the network healthy by applying all required security patches and monitoring the correct delivery of all antivirus updates
- Implement and document a disaster recovery plan and offsite storage of backed up data
- Undertake other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Manages help desk function and responds to help desk issues
- Performs diagnosis and supports employees to trouble-shoot computer and/or network issues
- Clearly articulates technical solutions in a user-friendly and professional manner
- Conducts training on MSH systems including eHealth solutions as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field;
- Academic training and/or professional experience in data science, digital, or a related field;
- Required: 5 years related professional experience
- Previous experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred.
- Understands or has experience with digital health related to TB services.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of Windows Server administration, active directory and group policy;
- Knowledge of server hardware and software installation as well as server and client device virtualization’
- Knowledge of router and network device configuration
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Knowledge and Experience in database management and software development related to health;
- Good Experience in developing, managing and building capacity of health care workers on the use of digital technologies is an advantage;
- Previous experience in the management of electronic tools including eSpecimen referral system, videoconferencing infrastructure, electronic patient registers and mobile health applications is an advantage;
- Logical and flexible approach to solving problems, especially when working under pressure
- Verbal and written language skills in English required.
- Experience with Google Apps and SQL Server database administration a plus
- Extensive Windows, Mac and iOS or Android experience and familiarity with computer networking, TCP/IP;
- Familiarity with enterprise antivirus and antispam solutions
- Up to date knowledge of disaster recovery best practices
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Extensive knowledge of information technology domain
- Abreast with latest ICT and digital technologies
- Ability to quickly analyse and fix problems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Server hardware and software configuration skills
- Enterprise network administration capabilities
- Proactive user support
- Professionalism and integrity
- Innovation in applying technical solutions
- Willingness to travel in the project regions as required.
How to Apply
COB August 7, 2020.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap.