|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 16, 2020|
|Category|| Communication |
IT / Information Technology
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Mitchel Group, Inc. (TMG), a US-based International Development organization, is the implementing partner of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/Ethiopia's "Partner Liaison Security Operations (PLSO) Contract. The purpose of the PLSO is to serve as a liaison to and facilitate communications between the USAID/Ethiopia's implementing partners (IPs) and USAID/Ethiopia to enable the IPs to use and share publicly available information as a decision support mechanism. This will entail proactive engagement on the part of the PLSO, including meetings, site visits, and written communications. The PLSO will assist in the more effective delivery of U.S. Government-funded assistance, as it will enhance the IPs' ability to stay abreast of security concerns and better secure their operations so that IPs can more aptly perform and advance development objectives under their respective agreements.
This operation will be located in Ethiopia outside the US Embassy Compound. The PLSO will provide security support to USAID/Ethiopia's IPs operating throughout the country.
Specific Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop and update communications strategy and support implementation communications approach by the USAID IPs;
- Support development of a user-friendly online security information management platform;
- Enter and update project security related data into the electronic online system;
- Continuously Keep up-to-date with relevant developments;
- Support ad-hoc production of early warning reports on security threats and concerns;
- Support production of analytical reports on security threats and incidences for PLSO management.
- Produce infographics and communication products. Create professional visual look, feel and consistent branding across all weekly deliverable reports.
- Organize and facilitate learning events among USAID IPs and document lessons and disseminate promising practices;
- Performs other assignments and tasks as required.
- Reviews social media platforms regularly for relevant security related information
Employment Term: 10 months with the possibility of extension Depending on the availability of Funds
Reports To: Deputy Chief of Party
Number required: One (01)
Qualifications, experience, and skills:
- University degree in computer science, Information system, communication; or other relevant degree;
- Basic graphics design skills recommended to ensure professional, attractive look of all communications and reports.
- Five years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge of databases, reporting and analytic tools, report creation, and social media platforms;
- Experience with communication tools, to include SAT Phones, CODAN systems, and Internet Protocol-based systems is an advantage;
- Excellent verbal and written English skills;
- Experience collecting and collating information in databases.
Interested applicants are requested to attach a copy of their CV and cover letter indicating the Position and Duty Station and directed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Oct 30th, 2020. Senior Security Analyst position must submit two professional English writing sample.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.