|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 31, 2020|
|Category|| IT / Information Technology |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Under the general administrative direction of the Area Manager, the IT/MIS Officer organizes a system of efficient ITC and data management and reporting system for area and field offices; supports the reporting systems of SRH/FP programs; leads and coordinates the electronic Health Management Information System (HMIS) for clinics closely with the support office R, M&E teams; provides technical support to the hardware and programs set up within the Area offices.
- Provides technical assistance on data management and reporting to all MSIE staff in the assigned areas;
- In collaboration with the R, M & E team monitors the progress of clinical , outreach and social franchising activities against targets set by MSIE;
- Coordinates the rollout of electronic client based Management Information System (MIS);
- Provides technical assistance to all clinics related to the MIS, hardware operations and systems;
- Manages the reporting and report distribution of monthly and quarterly reports and controls the data quality issue for the SRH/FP program of MSIE;
- Makes sure that all the program officers collect data on time
- Facilitates creation of enabling environment for data management and reporting for each level;
- Ensures the collection, compilation and sending quality data to the support office;
- Compiles and reports monthly and quarter data and report to the appropriate offices;
- Participates in program evaluations/assessments such as baseline and annual surveys, mid-term and final evaluations, and special studies and operations research;
- Provides first line user support and maintenance or troubleshooting , installation and configuration of PCs, Laptops, UPS, Printers, Scanners and other equipment;
- Installs, maintains, and upgrades hardware, software, networking components and monitors LAN and existing IT systems and takes appropriative corrective measures;
- Installs and tests software updates, antivirus and patch programs to support various applications and various desktop and laptop computers for area Office and centres;
- Works on the preparation of technical specification and performs proforma evaluation for IT equipment and checks delivery is as per the specification;
- Ensures system security and performs or follows up critical data backup regularly for centres and area office of systems.
- Ensures MSIE field and Area offices are linked through LAN/WAN systems and administers and provides support for Health Management information System/HMIS that is being implemented in MSIE centres;
- Provides on the job training to MSIE Area Office and Centre users to support the use of modern IT in the organization and ensures regional staff to effectively communicate with support office;
- Conducts other IT related assignments as required.
MSC/BSc in IT or related fields
Two/Four years of relevant experience
Skills, Attitudes, Attributes
- Sound knowledge on M & E system
- Strong data management skill and special knowledge and skill on MS-Excel
- Strong analytical skill with ability to work Statistical Software packages like SPSS, EPI-Info
- Good understanding of beneficiary tracking, methods for managing data quality assessment
- Fluency in English (both oral and written skills)
- Ability to work effectively under stressful condition
Number of Position: (01)
Duty Station: MSIE Addis Ababa Program Office
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: As per MSIE Salary Scale
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter and C.V, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to:
Human Resources, Marie Stopes International Ethiopia
Through the following e-mail address: HumanResource@mariestopes.org.et
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and work place you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSIE STRONGLY ENCOURAGES FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY!