|Location||Ziwaye, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 18, 2020|
|Category|| IT / Information Technology |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Introduction Sher Ethiopia
Sher Ethiopia PLC operates the largest rose nursery in the world in Ziway, in the vicinity ofLake Ziway.Besides this rose farm in Ziway, which is located 160 kilometres south of the capital Addis Ababa, Sher Ethiopia also operates two other rose production farms: One in the village of Adami Tulu (5 kilometres south of Ziway) and one in the village of Koka (80 kilometres south of Addis Ababa).The combined greenhouse capacity of Sher Ethiopia amounts to ca. 500 hectares, where more than 1 billion roses are produced and exported each year in many varieties and colours. The production process includes: propagation, planting, crop maintenance, harvesting, grading, packing and transportation – all activities are performed by local employees (currently around 12.000 FTE).
The IT officer provides timely and reliable support to systems in case of an emergency, ensures the smooth day to day operation of IT and related software systems and identifies problems,prioritizes and resolves them on a timely basis.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Performs troubleshooting of all IT issues at the farms when required
- Ensures all staff PCs and devices are properly configured, have appropriate virus/spyware protection and are in good working order
- Ensures all IT equipment are timely maintained and serviced
- Installs and upgrades computer components and software
- Provides documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Manages the distribution and retention of data on various storage devices
- Conducts systems and components inspections and tests and undertake preventive maintenance
- Performs regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery and failure procedures ( in cooperation with IT the Netherlands)
- Escalates ( in cooperation with local IT Manager and IT the Netherlands) IT issues whenever deemed appropriate or on request
Education, knowledge and skill requirements
- IT or related background, at least BSc degree in Computer Science or IT with very good command of computer hardware and software knowledge
- At least 5 – 8 years of experience in ICTsupport
- Team player, supportive and good inter-personal skills
- Good command of English language, verbally and written
Specific IT knowledge
- A candidate will have thorough knowledge of ICT and digital technologies, including hardware and software(Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Server, Office 365 Linux, Networking).
- And candidate needs to have a good understanding of ITsystems issues including monitoring, maintenance and risk management.