| KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:|
- Manages the project unit's implementation of nutrition program in agreement with the overall IYCF Program activities according to SCI and national standards.
- Makes sure that IYCF program is implemented according to the National protocol i.e. application of the admission and discharge criteria, closely monitors and strictly follows anthropometry measurement
- Facilitates the trainings under the project regarding IYCF
- Supports and liaise with the health centre staff and provide on the job training and capacity building.
- Select and establish counsellors from the health facilities and the community.
- Establishment and strengthening of MTM support groups, train them and close follow up for supporting IYCF_E promotion activities.
- Asses and diagnose for difficulties of feeding for all PLW coming for other services, for screening and at the community.
- Provide day to day one to one and group counselling for PLW regarding IYCF practices.
- Makes sure that the health staff have adequate training on providing proper IYCF counselling
- Conduct formative assessment for key behaviours and skill for IYCF and develop culturally appropriate and effective IEC materials and adopt it to the day to day counselling.
- Ensures the availability of job aids, reporting formats and all other supplies for IYCF.
- Creates and maintain relationship with local health and other authorities and try to link IYCF program with the existing health structure smoothly,
- Makes sure that health professionals from the health facilities to participate on the daily routine work for sustainability and smooth phase out strategy,
- Provides technical support and training where required to all team members, outreach team including health extension workers and community volunteers,
- Works and liaise with any local health workers to integrate the IYCF program from the start,
- Organizes monthly report of community mobilization, IYCF and report on time to the Project Manager, Nutrition and provides updates when needed.
- Reports any problems in a timely manner to the Health& Nutrition Manager,
- Coaches and supervises the CMAM officer, OTP/SC Nurses, Mobile health and nutrition team for integrating IYCF practice promotion activities to their daily health and nutrition works.
- Upholds the image and values of SC at all times,
- Performs other related tasks as required and tasks assigned by the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· BA/Diploma in Nursing or Public Health (Senior Clinical/Public Nurse or above).
· Minimum two years working experience for Degree and four years’ experience for Diploma holders out of which two-year experience directly related to emergency health & nutrition related fields Knowledge, training and experience in IYCF and community mobilization/BCC
· Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
· Demonstrated skills in peer group training, Training of Trainers and development of training materials.
· Proficiency in spoken and written English and Local language.
· Strong computer (Microsoft skills), all and interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org