|Date Posted||July 23, 2020|
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The IYCF officer has the responsibility to ensure high quality IYCF activities, closely coordinated an integrated with CMAM program run by SCI in the same Woredas. The IYCF Officer ensures activities fit within the framework of the National Nutrition Program and ensures good relations with local stakeholders and partner in the operational area.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- The incumbent will be expected to ensure that all caretakers of the beneficiaries at the distribution sites OTP and TSFP have get the IYCF counselling by the health extension workers of each program.
- Accomplish project site activities and supporting of community based groups - HDAs, mother support groups, local committees, etc
- Participate in providing IYCF technical support to Woredas, SCI and partners CMAM and IYCF staff
- Ensure that all staff understand and implement the IYCF program guidelines
- Ensure appropriate and consistent education messaging to mothers (at PHC, Hospitals, HCs and community levels)
- Advise the best feeding options/ practices and follow ups as appropriate
- Participate in the development of mother support groups and mother-baby areas.
- Participate in developing regular work plans for the HWS, HEWs, CMAM officer, HDAs, mother support etc.
- Spot and address appropriately the violations of the code of marketing of breast-milk substitutes and violations of the MOH guidelines
- The position holder will be expected ensures the availability of teaching aid and IEC materials for program implementation
- Act as an effective member in promoting, supporting and protecting IYCF practices (give IYCF awareness sessions and IYCF individual counselling sessions as necessary).
- Give support to CMAM team members as necessary
- Ensure that IYCF tools are properly utilized and documented; prepare IYCF reports regularly and submit to project coordinators
- Link between CMAM team and IYCF team (such as promoting excellent communication and referral between IYCF counsellor, IYCF educator and CMAM)
- Assist in the development and review of educational material (IEC /BCC)
- Prepare training materials and conduct IYCF trainings when necessary
- With support from M & E officer, make sure all IYCF records are regularly filled and submitted (awareness sessions, database of counselled cases, etc.)
- Liaise with ZHO, WHO, and Health facilities and ensure the quality of IYCF/Nutrition capacity building activities are technically sound, aligned with proposed implementation plan and adhere to standard guidelines;
- Provide mothers with practical advice on correct attachment and positioning when breastfeeding, timely introduction of complementary foods and respond to any concerns or local taboos associated with IYCF
- Upholds the image and values of SC at all times
- Assure the availability of IYCF training and counselling materials prior to any training;
- Support community assessments related to CMAM & IYCF and strengthen capacity of various health, agriculture, and other sectors' front line workers to improve the quality of nutrition intervention
- Along with other SCI & partner staffs, conduct regular follow up ite visits to provide support quality implementation, and document field all through submission of complete, accurate and timely feedback reports;
- Ensure IYCF indicator well captured and adhere to the national protocol guideline by CMAM team.
- Make sure that Mothers are counselled with the resource available at HH and proper understand
- Make sure that Mother who need special counselling are identified, linked and followed well for behaviour change
- Support the mothers suffering from insufficient milk production with advice on re-lactation
- Perform other extra duties as required
Technical Support role
- Support Mothers to increase their knowledge through training, exposure and joint actions
- Strengthen Mothers self-mobilization through their linking mother to mother groups
- Share latest development ideas and appropriate technologies to Women/community members/groups
- Share information on support and cooperation with communities and other stakeholders
- Promote constructive customary mechanisms and institution building with in communities
- Promote adoption of approaches that leads to changing their perception
- Build communities' management skills in analysis and reflection processes, setting goals for improvements, planning implementation steps, taking action, and monitoring progress
- Coordinate with stakeholders at local level.
- Acquire accurate information about vulnerable communities and their problems, needs and capabilities as well as changes and trends in the communities, including their driving factors and impeding forces
- Develop a simple and sustainable supervision and monitoring system to guide the communities in monitoring project activities
- In collaboration with Government Health offices prepare weekly/monthly and quarterly plan
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in Human Nutrition, Midwifery, Public Health, or similar fields
- Minimum 3 years field experience in humanitarian work, including significant experience in managing CMAM & IYCF programs
- Substantial experience of community-based nutrition projects
- Demonstrated ability for leadership and independent decision making
- Strong interpersonal skills & excellent team player
- Willingness and ability to work in hardship environment
- Cultural and gender sensitivity
- Knowledge of the local language is Mandatory
- Minimum three years working experience out of which two-years' experience directly related to emergency health & nutrition related fields Knowledge, training and experience in CMAM and community mobilization/BCC
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Position holder must have good interpersonal skills & excellent team player
- Knowledge of the local language (Somali language)
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. The duty station of the position holder will be in Shaykosh, El-Ogaden, & Kudun-bur Woredas of Korahey Zone Somali Regional State in Ethiopia. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should apply using the
below link: https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl
on or before 13 July, 2020
Note: that Internet connection of Ethiopia is Off/suspended, so that you can apply as offline and drop your CV and Application to Gode and Kabridahar Office gate
If internet connection restored before the vacancy closed date again you have to apply through above SCI link
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Jul 24, 2020