|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The IYCF Officer is expected to support and ensure the IYCF promotion, counseling, and support for mothers at the Therapeutic Feeding Programs (TFP) and Targeted Supplementary Food Program (TSFP) in respective Woreda according to the IYCF standard. S/he will work closely with Health Workers, HEWs, and community to ensure the sustainability of IYCF activities at Woreda level.
Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others
- Ensure that TFP (OTP & SC) and TSFP (Food Distribution) sites established and activated for IYCF promotion, counseling, and support;
- Build the capacity of HEWs and Nurses on IYCF promotion, counseling, and support;
- Ensure the CMAM beneficiaries are well integrated with IYCF programs;
- Support community assessments related to CMAM & IYCF and strengthen capacity of various health, agriculture, and other sectors’ front line workers to improve the quality of nutrition intervention.
- Plan for IYCF promotion with HEWs and other health workers working at OTP and SC sites;
- Advise the best feeding options/ practices and follow ups as appropriate.
- Provide regular updates and monthly reports for the CMAM coordinator timely;
- Utilize Woreda and Kebele level opportunities for IYCF promotion and support. Participate in the development of mother support groups and mother-baby areas
- Provide mothers with practical advice on correct attachment and positioning when breastfeeding, timely introduction of complementary foods and respond to any concerns or local taboos associated with IYCF.
- Support Health Workers and HEWs on Women Development Armies or Health Development Armies’ (HDAs) trainings including IDPs supporters. Ensures the availability of teaching aid and IEC materials for program implementation.
- Take part in the project set-up, technical support visit, monitoring visits, surveys and evaluations
- Ensure the IYCF promotion is conducted at OTP sites and SCs regularly and as per the standard including IDPs setups. Ensure appropriate and consistent education messaging to mothers (at PHC, Hospitals, HCs and community levels).
- Ensure TFP (OTP & SCs) and Food distribution (FD) sites have quality recording of IYCF activities by Host and IDPs;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the nutrition program coordinator
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position: BSc degree in Public Health/ Clinical Nursing/Nutrition and related health field of study Minimum two years working experience with NGOs in CMAM program, specific to IYCF;
License, registration, or certification required to perform this position:
- IMAM basic training
- IYCF_E basic training
- Experience in IYCF-e implementation (organizing M2MG setup, counselling & Coaching skill), and report writing
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge, training and experience in implementing IYCF
- Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Strong computer (Microsoft skills), and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Good human relation skills.
- Willingness to work under pressure and extra hours
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions;
- Strong adherence to World Vision values;
- Strong character traits, including emotional stability, adaptability, ability to handle stress, cultural and gender sensitivity and integrity;
- Prepared to live and work in a remote and uncertain security environment
- Fluent in oral and written English.
Work Environment : The position requires ability and willingness to travel to health facilities and kebeles up to 90 % of the time.
Place of work location: Goro , Seweyna, Soroberguda, Dugda Dawa & Meleka Soda Woredas
Duration of the contract: until end of December 2022.