|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||May 18, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Place of work: Eastern Amhara(Ataye & Antsokia)
Contract duration: 10 Months
- Ensure that TFP (OTP & SC) and TSFP (Food Distribution) sites established and activated for IYCF promotion, counseling, and support;
- Build the capacity of HEWs and Nurses on IYCF promotion, counseling, and support;
- Ensure the CMAM beneficiaries are well integrated with IYCF programs;
- Support community assessments related to CMAM & IYCF and strengthen capacity of various health, agriculture, and other sectors’ front line workers to improve the quality of nutrition intervention.
- Plan for IYCF promotion with HEWs and other health workers working at OTP and SC sites;
- Advise the best feeding options/ practices and follow ups as appropriate.
- Provide regular updates and monthly reports for the CMAM coordinator timely;
- Utilize Woreda and Kebele level opportunities for IYCF promotion and support. Participate in the development of mother support groups and mother-baby areas
- Provide mothers with practical advice on correct attachment and positioning when breastfeeding, timely introduction of complementary foods and respond to any concerns or local taboos associated with IYCF.
- Qualifications: BSc degree in Public Health/ Clinical Nursing/Nutrition and related health field of study preferred from accredited universities or health colleges
- Certificate: on acute malnutrition 2019 revised guideline training, Revised 2019 IMAM guideline, and IYCF-E training, Integrated Pharmaceuticals Logistics System (IPLS) and Trained on Family MUAC approach and TSFP/MAM required
Required Professional Experience: Minimum three years working experience with NGOs in CMAM program;
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Knowledge, training and experience in management of MAM and SAM with/without medical complication
- Demonstrated skills in CMAM program planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Experience in cascading family MUAC approach
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Good human relation skills.
- Willingness to work under pressure and extra hours
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions;
- Strong adherence to World Vision values;
- Strong character traits, including emotional stability, adaptability, ability to handle stress, cultural and gender sensitivity and integrity;
- Prepared to live and work in an remote and uncertain security environment
- Fluent in oral and written English and Local language