|Date Posted||October 26, 2019|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Mothers and Children Multisectoral Development Organization (MCMDO) is an Ethiopian resident charity organization. MCMDO is implementing various projects and development activities in Oromiya, Somali, Gambella, Amhara, SNNPR, Benishangul Gumuz National Regional States and Addis Ababa City Administration.
Summary of position:
MCMDO is looking to recruit for IYCF Officer responsible for building capacity of key intermediaries (woreda nutrition focal persons, health centre level supervisors and HEWs) on how to deliver IYCF package of interventions in the west Guji Zone of Oromai. IYCF Officer will serve as a focal of field facilitator of the project by supervising, monitoring and recommendation at assigned woreda level health facilities, working alongside the health workers (HWs) and health extension workers (HEWs) towards the improvement of IYCF activities in the respective woredas. Situated at the Woreda level, they will be assigned by MCMDO to conduct their work as required.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To conduct training to health center level supervisors and Front Line workers/Nurses/HEWs.
- Conduct woreda level joint monitoring and supervision visits of the health posts, local CF demonstration centers.
- Disseminate key messages to care givers and their social influencers on benefits of optimal breast feeding, optimal complementary feeding.
- Strengthen GMP at health posts level
- Supplies of CF demonstration and GMP equipment to Health Facilities.
- Establish focus groups and HH visits to monitor Behavior change
- Revisit to ensure that respective woreda health offices actions proposed to address gaps with IYCF Right Start Project are being implemented accordingly.
- Identify the social mobilization and interpersonal communication gap and provide recommendation to ensure IYCF Right Start project at community level.
- To monitor document processes, successes, challenges and lessons learnt in the implementation of the IYCF Right Start project at zone and woreda level.
- Prepare monthly progress report, statistics report and Work plan.
- Attend quarterly woredas level performance review meetings, and present the findings of the project, supportive supervision and implementation status of the project.
Number of opening:
- 2 (Two)
- Kercha , hambela Wamena Biribirsa Kajwa and Bule Hora Woredas of West Guji Zone of Oromia Region
- Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Nutrition, Public Health or Nursing with emphasis on nutrition; Behavior Change Communications.
- At least 5 years working experience in nutrition, nursing or related field for Diploma or 3 years for Bachelor degree in public health, nutrition or related field.
- Experience in Nutrition Project supervision.
- Experience working with zonal health department, Woreda health office, and accepted and endorsed by the Regional Health Bureau.
- Working as IYCF Officer is credible/added value.
- Experience in working in the respective woreda or zonal level where he/she is applying.
- Good experience and skill in computer (Microsoft word, power point and excel) and internet utilization.
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Effective team working skills.
Application procedure: Interested and qualified applicants shall send your application letter together with CV only through email@example.com within 10 working days from the day of this announcement or can submit your non-returnable CV with covering letter at MCMDO Head Office
Address: 4 Kilos Infront of Ras Amba Hotel.