|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 13, 2020|
|Category|| Banking |
IT / Information Technology
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Who You Are
- You’re driven to build intuitive experiences that start with the user
- You embrace change and innovation, always seeking to push the boundaries
What You'll Do
- Perform complex application programming activities in Java and related technologies:Java, J2EE, Spring, Web-Services and more.
- Lead the definition of system architecture and detailed solution design that are scalable and extensible.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Designers, and other developers on different permutations to find the best solution possible.
- Deliver amazing solutions to production that knock everyone’s socks off.
What We’re Looking For
- Amazing technical instincts. You know how to evaluate and choose the right technology and approach for the job. You have stories you could share about what problem you thought you were solving at first, but through testing and iteration, came to solve a much bigger and better problem that resulted in positive outcomes all-around.
- A love for learning. Technology is continually evolving around us, and you want to keep up to date to ensure we are using the right tech at the right time.
- A love for working in ambiguity—and making sense of it. You can take in a lot of disparate information and find common themes, recommend clear paths forward and iterate along the way. You don’t form an opinion and sell it as if it’s gospel; this is all about being flexible, agile, dependable, and responsive in the face of many moving parts.
- Confidence, not ego. You have an ability to collaborate with others and see all sides of the coin to come to the best solution for everyone.
- Minimum B.S. / M.S. Computer Science or related discipline from accredited college or University
- At least 4 years of experience designing, developing and delivering Java, J2EE and web applications
- At least 2 years of experience developing or delivering REST web services
- Works well in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and consistently meet established timelines
- Experience with ASG Mobius, OneSpan eSignLive, or Kofax Total Agility
- Experience implementing schema and queries in any RDBMS
- Experience in Agile and SCRUM development techniques
- Experience utilizing CI/CD development practices
Note: Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
At OneMain, we understand that for our team members to be their best, they need the right opportunities and benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package for full-time and some part-time employees includes health and well-being options for team members and dependents, up to 4% matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, continuing education, incentive pay, paid time off, paid volunteer time and more.
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company. With nearly 1,600 branches across 44 states, we proudly offer safe, affordable and transparent installment loans to millions of hard-working people. Our customers turn to us to meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. OneMain is constantly innovating to serve customers when, where and how they want by investing in our technical digital capabilities. Our steadfast commitment to doing the right thing extends to our customers, our employees and the communities where we live and work – a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.