|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 31, 2020|
|Category|| Human Resource / HR |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The HR & Administration Officer is in charge of recruitment and career development, as well as the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function. Working closely with the senior management team, the HR & Administration Officer will elaborate on the association’s human resources strategy in line with the development goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This job description is intended to provide an overview and is not all-inclusive. The job description may be changed as deemed appropriate by Girum Hospital.
- Be the first point of contact for all HR-related queries
- Recommend and execute annual staff development plan by collaborating with staff development department.
- Recommend and execute policies, procedures, rules, regulations for employees in compliance with Ethiopian labor law and health sector standard.
- Review and update all human resources policies to meet the organization’s needs
- Assist the progress of job planning and ensure that job descriptions are developed for new positions and reviewed/revised for ongoing positions as required;
- Define job positions for recruitment, advertise the vacancy and provides job candidates by screening, interviewing, and testing applicants; notifying existing staff of internal opportunities; maintaining personnel records; obtaining temporary staff from agencies.
- Handle the recruitment, selection and hiring of GH
- Administer HR-related documentation, such as contracts of employment
- Monitor and record employee leave requests
- Maintains human resources records by recording new hires, transfers, terminations, changes in job classifications, merit increases; tracking vacation, sick, and personal time.
- Documents human resources actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Provide staff with orientation and updated guidelines;
- Orients new employees by providing orientation information packets; reviewing company policies; gathering withholding and other payroll information; explaining and obtaining signatures for benefit programs.
- Provide coaching to direct supervisors as necessary in all aspects of the HR function, including salary and benefits administration, recruitment and hiring processes, employee relations, etc;
- Provide coaching and training to direct staffs on HR & Admin functions
- Ensure that a performance management system is established and implemented for all GH staff;
- Implement and annually update compensation program; rewrite job descriptions as necessary; conduct annual salary surveys, analyze compensation program and revise as necessary;
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Accomplishes human resources department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- BA Degree in management , human resource management or related field of studies.
- Computer Skill.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with absolute confidentiality;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to work under pressure and deadline
Ability to manage and solve conflicts;
Ability to make difficult and rational decisions;
Only candidates meeting the required qualifications are invited to send their application letter and CV through the following address:
Please mention the title of the position you applied for on the subject line of your email, candidates who do not follow the application instruction will not be considered.
Note: only short listed candidates will be contacted