|Location||Shire, Tigray, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 1, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
FH Ethiopia is a non-governmental organization engaged in relief and development activities. At FH, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call the “The Heartbeat”. This includes our Values, Vision and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty. FH Ethiopia would like to invite potential candidates to apply for the following position:
Required Number (1) One
Duty Station: Shire (Tigray)
Duration of Contract: One-year contract, renewable (with 60 working days probation period)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To record, summarize and classifies the project’s income and payments within the framework of established policies and procedures. Prepares timely internal and external financial reports and get approval of the project manager. Liaison with HO finance for financial management and internal control related issues and advise the project management team. Also supervises routine administrative activities of the project.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Checks all payment documents (check payment and petty cash), payment checks, etc. for budget and other related issues prior to the project manager’s approval.
2. Requests cash transfer from the Head Office on time.
3. Checks that all cash receipt for local collections are deposited on time.
4. Prepares payroll and pay all relevant payments (income tax, pension, PF
5. Obtains monthly bank statement from the bank and reconcile with the book record.
6. Prepares monthly journal summaries for the project and submit to the Head Office on time.
7. Get monthly financial reports from the HO and analyze income and expenditure in line with the budget and advise the Project Manager and component heads on issues that require special attention.
8. Makes sure accurate stock record is in place and reconciles on a monthly basis as appropriate
9. Follow up the project procurement procedure and assists purchase committee on any goods and service purchase.
10. Makes sure the internal control system of the organization is in place and is observed by all staff members of the project.
11. Ensures (in consultation with the Project Manager) that staffs of the project get transportation service properly.
12. Manage and provide all HR related staff information monthly (annual leave, Pension, medical data, staff agreement and others)
13. In consultation with the immediate supervisor, schedules staff annual leaves, keep and update personnel files.
14. Assists the Project Manager in financial and administrative matters.
SAFETY AND SECURITY RESPONSIBILITIES
Ø Each FHE staff member should adhere to all pertinent policies concerning safety and security policy of FH. Lapses in safe conduct can jeopardize the health and welfare of all staff.
Ø Every FHE staff member has an obligation to learn and understand the security situation where they are located.
Ø Each FHE staff member should adhere to all pertinent policies concerning safety and security. This includes, but not limited to, personal safety, road safety, etc.
Ø Provide adequate time to staff to participate in gender sensitivity workshops and related events.
Ø Through observation, interviews, and spot-checks, ensure that the staff planning, Implementation, monitoring and Evaluation process is gender sensitive.
Ø Facilitate open and regular discussions with staff on about the work environment, policies, and values convenient to gender issues.
Safeguarding Policy: Food for the Hungry is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for all beneficiaries it serves. It is FH’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that prevents and deters any actions and omissions that put any beneficiaries, including children and the most vulnerable, at risk. All personnel are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy could result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Education/ Experience –
- B.A Degree in Accounting & Finance with at least one-year relevant work experience.
- Previous experience in NGO Setting is preferred.
Other Requirements –.
- Basic computer proficiency is mandatory
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
Competent candidates can submit ONLY their application and updated CV to: email@example.com
Candidates MUST refer the position title on the subject line of their email and application letters.