|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||February 22, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
About the company
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organizations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organizations recognized by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely coding and posting of accounting transactions, preparation of bank reconciliations and advising management for proper actions on related issues identified, if any.
- Preparation of vouchers and cheque and processing of payment of suppliers.
- Fee collection follow-up.
- Staff advance follow up.
- Operation of cash register machine.
- Prepare monthly declarations (VAT, WHT, PF and income tax) and processing of their filing with the tax authorities.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation and enforcing adherence to requirements.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Qualifications and experience:
- BA degree in accounting
- With at least 1- 2 years work experience in Private Limited Companies
Knowledge, Skills, Competence:
- Able to work multiple tasks efficiently and meet tight deadlines.
- Team spirit/working in a team
- Interpersonal communication and negotiations skills
- Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word-processing programs
- Keep secrets on employee personal files
- Disciplined, organized
- Open-minded, self-learner
1. Fill the online application form by following the below link by inserting this vacancy code: 006/1/2021
Only shortlisted applicants who filled online application form will be contacted.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.