WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 29, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
ABH Partners Plc. is a leading consultancy and human resources sourcing firm in Ethiopia with about 15 years of experience in supporting the implementation of development programs and projects. ABH exists to fuel synergistic societal growth by harnessing local knowledge and international standard. Dedicated to the betterment of societal development, technical assistance, and knowledge management, ABH has gained credibility and industry experience in the development sector in general ABH partners would like to invite applicants who meet the below requirements to apply for the position of Junior Accountant.
Duty station: Addis Ababa
Employment Status: Full Time
Expected Start Date: Immediately after concluding the contract agreement.
- Post and process the journal entries to make sure that all transactions have been recorded.
- Update the accounts receivables on a daily basis and issue invoices.
- Update the accounts payable on a daily basis and perform reconciliations.
- Assist the team in the preparation of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements.
- Adhere to the law and the company’s financial and accounting guidelines.
- Assist with payroll records, review expenses, etc. when assigned.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports.
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly as well as yearly closings.
- Resolve account payable and receivable issues or queries.
- Accurately perform daily reconciliations of cash, check and credit card transactions, and tally and file invoices.
- BA degree in accounting, finance or related field of study.
- 2-3 years practical experience on similar positions
- Proven work experience as a Junior Accountant.
- Solid knowledge of accounting and financial reporting practices and principles.
- Exceptional organizational abilities.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Sound understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Critical thinker with a high proficiency in math.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent report writing, communication and IT skills.
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Office and Accounting software packages.
- Excellent communication skills.