|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 7, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Junior Accountant serves as a finance and administration person in the Global One Health initiative, Eastern Africa Regional Office. He/She will work closely with the Senior Accountant, Project Managers, Procurement and Asset Management Officers in facilitating the financial and Business related activities. The Junior Accountant ensures strict adherence to Ethiopian Government and GOH, LLC’s rules, regulations, and compliance with the policies of partner institutions, including The Ohio State University and sponsors.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare checks, payments and other supporting documents and approvals for monthly expense. File and label documentations, and maintain an effective filing system.
- Prepare payroll for each project monthly and assist the day-to-day accounting activities, as needed; properly code and record expenditure, income and any other related transactions.
- Maintain all payment vouchers, and supporting documents.
- Deliver Letters to Bank, collect credit advice or advance? bank statements for all transfer payment on a timely manner.
- Handle petty cash and ensure the availability of adequate petty cash on hand for daily operation of the office. Secure appropriate receipts, reconcile monthly and replenish the petty cash.
- Prepare and pay Income tax, pension and withhold before deadline. Record VAT report for tax authority.
- Properly keep cheque books in safe custody, issue cheque to respective supplier after getting complete approval and verification of the full document.
- Support annual audit, with provide documentations, follow up and support questions and answers related in audit with auditors as required:
- Assist Business Director in other assigned roles and responsibilities.
- Handle all work advance, per the organization rule and settle properly on time with proper documentations.
- Assist with year-end closings.
- Review and process expense reports
- Handle scanning of the original financial documents prior to submission to Headquarters.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Regional Business Director
Employment type – Full time with one-year contract and a possibility of annual renewal based on a successful performance and availability of funds
Reports to - The Business Director
Employer - Ohio State Global One Health, LLC
Educational and Experience:
- A minimum of Bachelors degree in accounting and finance or related field of studies.
- Knowledge in accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of local, and federal laws regarding accounting and taxation
- Technical accounting skills
- Proficiency in relevant accounting software
Required Soft Skills
- Must be experienced with MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), and business software platforms used for billing, invoicing, contracting, and financial report development.
- Experience with Quick Books
- Excellent English language, communications, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Excellent team work skills in a diverse setting
- Commitment to a high-level confidentiality in all business matters.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Interested and qualified applicants who meet the minimum requirements should submit the following;
- A CV with 3 references with Copy of Diplomas, official transcript, work experience, two letters of recommendation and other relevant documents
- All these documents should be compiled as one pdf file. Fragmented and separate documents may not be considered.
Applications should be sent to Abinet Kebede (email@example.com) Applications coming after the deadline will not be considered.
Note: Use " Junior Accountant " as the subject line of your email!