|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 25, 2022|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Junior Accountant’s role is include accounting for all business transactions with journal entries, updating financial statements, preparing monthly financial reports, calculating payroll taxes, and auditing and maintaining accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- He/She is required to assist senior accountants and the auditors for the purpose of procuring and providing the supporting documents and information on the internal matters for the purpose of auditing.
- He/She help in performing and maintaining the general ledger accounting functions and other routine accounts work to make sure that the functions of the various departments are completed on time with full accuracy.
- He/She is responsible for gathering, organizing, providing and processing financial information regarding the extensive variety of work assignments and projects.
- It is His/Her duty to provide information to the other staff members regarding the procedural necessities with the aim to ensure that the financial compliance in accordance with the established standards and principles.
- He/She is responsible to maintain and organize the huge variety and quantity of financial information in files, folders with the purpose of making these documents easily available and their conformity with the set policies and regulatory instructions and guidelines.
- He/She is required to take part in the meeting, in-house workshops, training programs etc for the purpose of communicating or gathering the data and information required for performing the job responsibilities.
- It is His/Her duty to process an extensive range of financial figures and information for the purpose of updating and communicating information when required.
- It is His/Her responsibility to provide their support to all the other departmental staff regarding the processes and procedures requirements to ensure the compliance with the accounting standards and principles.
- It is His/Her duty to reconcile a large range of financial data with the intention of maintaining accurate account balances.
- He/She research discrepancies of financial information or documents for the purpose of ensuring the accurateness and adherence to recognized procedures prior to processing
Formal Education & Certification
- A bachelor's degree in accounting or management is a prerequisite for this position, along with a high level of attention to detail. Other desirable attributes include mathematical aptitude, analytical ability, an ability to keep documents well organized, an interest in finance, and uses accounting software, so the ability to use and learn new computer systems is essential.
Knowledge & Experience
well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail. The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department and help the company be fully aware of its financial condition.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Fluent English language skills.
- Mathematical skills
- Excellent accounting skills
- Time management
- Reporting skills
- Good focus
- Attention to details
- Utilize Computer
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good problem-solving skills
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly, business-friendly, and technical language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.