|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 31, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
EthioChicken is a leading distributor of chickens to rural farmers in Ethiopia. We are a rapidly growing Company that believes in investing in our employees and offers them opportunities for career advancement. Ethiochicken is an Ethiopian based company.
Our vision is to bring a chicken to every family in Ethiopia in 2021, and a chicken to every person in Ethiopia in the future, transforming the Ethiopian poultry industry, making it a model of inclusive growth.
The Junior Accountant, under the supervision of National Finance Manager, is responsible for all day today cash related activities especially for cash collection and payment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Collect and attaché sufficient financial documentation to all transactions before making any payment or collection of cash:
- Ensure proper implementation and compliance of company policies and procedures in place:
- Assist in maintaining record of unused documents such us CRV, CPV, Cheque pads and journal Vouchers for proper usage and pre order:
- Maintain proper storage of unused pads:
- Preparation of cash receipt vouchers for cash and check collections for other income at HO:
- Maintain intact deposit of cash and Cheque collections on a daily basis:
- Check for existence of budget for each payment requests before payment has been processed:
- Preparation of on time Cheque payments and bank transfers as per the company policy:
- Collection of appropriate receipt from the payee and demand signature to confirm collection of the Cheque issued:
- Make proper tax deductions from payments as per the tax regulation:
- Maintain proper filing system for Cash Receipt Vouchers, Cheque Payment Vouchers and Journal vouchers.
- Handover all filed payment documents to the A/P recording team.
- Assists external auditors in providing the necessary documents as required by the auditors:
- Performs other related duties as required by the supervisor:
- Must be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- BA Degree in accounting /Finance
- Excellent knowledge of Peachtree Accounting Software
- Excellent computer proficiency
- 0 years work experience
Please title your application with subject line: - "Junior Accountant"
Only candidates meeting the required qualifications are invited to send their applications(Cover Letter) including a detailed CV through ethiojobs.net or