|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2021|
|Category|| Construction |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Tsemex Global Enterprise Plc would like to hire competent Applicant for the following vacant positions:
We are searching for an experienced architect to oversee the company's new & ongoing construction projects in their various phases. As the company’s architect, you will interpret client briefs, and review contracts and designs. You should have strong leadership skills, extensive knowledge of CAD software, and the ability to handle negative feedback.
To be successful as an architect, you should display great interpersonal skills and be able to relay important information. An outstanding Senior Architect should also be open to criticism and learning opportunities.
Architect Job Responsibilities:
- Reviewing and designing architectural and other, just reviewing, engineering plans.
- Ensuring all plans are compliant with governmental health and safety regulations.
- Researching and maintaining knowledge of various engineering disciplines, application methods, and materials.
- Monitoring, Supervising the company’s ongoing construction projects and projects in their design phase in accordance with their contract, specification & design.
- Providing guidance & controlling quality of works of subcontractors like builders, plumbers, and electricians, and helping them interpret design specifications.
- Liaising with clients & other engineering team involved in the various projects to ensure all issues, design, are addressed in a timely manner, and that project requirements are met.
- Ensuring the team works together to achieve set goals and targets.
- Networking, coordinating and consulting with various engineering service professionals the company might hire for various projects regarding design specification & boq keeping the client’s interest in mind.
- Providing construction drawings for construction documentation, checking & approving of sub & main contractors works as per the contract, design & specification of the project.
- Production of as-built drawing for each project when needed
- Attending regular site construction meetings with the main & sub-contractors for each project.
- Designing and monitoring other consultants design proposals and changes during or before construction to ensure that clients & the stakeholder’s interest are kept and their vision and request are fulfilled.
- Check & approve suppliers or sub-contractors shop drawings as per the projects design & specifications for all projects.
- Bachelor's degree in architecture.
- GPA above 3-point average.
- A good portfolio of both office & site working experience of one year as an Architect.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Brilliant interpersonal and networking skills.
- Detail-oriented and highly analytical.
- In-depth understanding of CAD, AUTOCAD, DRAFTING, GRAPHICS AND 3D MODLING
- Deadline-driven and dedicated to excellence.
- Women job applicants would be more encouraged
Applicants who fulfill the above criteria can deliver the non-returnable Credentials, CV and covering letter within 7 consecutive working days starting from this announcement day by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver at:
Lideta, Next to Flintstone Building, A.I.A Business Center, 4th floor HRM room No. 04, Addis Ababa.