|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 3, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
- University degree and a Master's degree with an excellent academic record
- 2 - 5 years of experience in industry/development-consulting style position or working in a public or social sector institution
- Backgrounds in electric power, health, agriculture, infrastructure, energy, engineering are most desirable
- Demonstrated passion for working on the economic development of Africa
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
What You'll Do
You’ll work on projects that are typically longer term, more tangible, and with greater focus on leadership and coaching of client teams. You will work exclusively with governments, donors, and senior leaders in civil service on transformational challenges in economic development by building capabilities, overseeing transformation, and delivering policy solutions.
You will analyze data to identify opportunities and drive performance. You will set up and manage project management systems to track performance, and you’ll also have the chance to strengthen your specific technical/sectorial expertise to offer specialist delivery support (e.g. agriculture sector delivery) to clients with targeted needs.
Who You'll Work With
You’ll work in teams of typically 3 – 5 consultants, playing an active role in all aspects of client engagement. This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations. You’ll also have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members.
When you join McKinsey, you are joining a firm whose culture is distinctive and inclusive. We will accelerate your development as a leader to create positive, enduring change in the world.