|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 5, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the Role
Reporting to the SBN Ethiopia Coordinator, the post-holder will engage a diverse group of partners to support SBN Ethiopia members to sustainably produce and distribute safe and nutritious food to the community. These efforts will support the operationalization of the SBN Ethiopia Strategy.
You will be responsible for ensuring SBN and other GAIN Ethiopia private-sector related nutrition programmes are served efficiently in terms of administrative and programmatic support.
Key Responsibilities include;
- Working with the SBN Ethiopia Coordinator to plan and implement private sector engagement workshops, trainings, and events
- Supporting the transfer of knowledge and expertise to SMEs to scale up their nutritional impact including developing viable business models and incorporating nature positive approaches
- Monitoring SBN activities and related interventions jointly implemented with other partners including government stakeholders
- Monitoring and regularly updating SBN Ethiopia communication platforms (Website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter etc.) with insightful and relevant content on SBN activities, members, and partners
- Maintaining records of the network membership database including facilitating new member registrations, screening, and inductions onto the network
- Supporting in the preparation and documentation of the network’s strategy, tools, and resources for easy reference and sharing with network members and stakeholders
The ideal candidate should have proven experience in business/project administration, business processes, communications, marketing and /or management with experience engaging with the private sector. You should have demonstrable research experience including collecting, synthesizing, and communicating data.
The postholder should be dynamic individual with excellent interpersonal, networking and communication skills in multicultural and multi-stakeholder environments. You should have the ability to prioritize, multi-task and work well under pressure in meeting deadlines. Also, you should be highly flexible and willing to travel in country occasionally.
About our Offer
The starting salary on offer for this role is from ETB 331,562 – ETB 379,936 per annum, depending on experience.
GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance.
We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes flexible working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
For more detailed information please see the attached job description. To apply, follow the "Apply Now" link.
This advert closes on 20th March 2022. Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.
Applicants must have the existing right to live and work in Ethiopia. Please note that GAIN is currently unable to sponsor working visas.