|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 25, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
GIZ provides technical assistance to the MoA’s flagship programs in Sustainable Land Management since their inception, at national, regional and local levels. The new program module “Climate-Sensitive Innovations in Land Management” (CLM) focuses on capacity development and building of SLM actors through policy and institutional advisory, field-level coaching and advisory services, (digital) training, networking, piloting field activities as well as research and communications.
An essential component of this project is the implementation of a high-quality, interactive blended learning training modules in the agricultural extension service to improve the advisory training of all Digital Agents. The development of learning modules is based on the principles of gamification, storytelling, experimental learning and user-centered design.
- Guiding the team of multiple experts (consisting of intern personnel, consultants and companies) based on to ensure the production and delivery of the digital training application / modules.
- Organizing meetings and documentations for follow-ups and tasks, as well as creating and documenting a communication platform for the entire project team.
- Business fluent appearance as well as strong communication skills with the team, consultants and partners (written and spoken)
- Identify, apply, and manage various methods and approaches such as gamification, adult learning, storytelling, etc. during the development process
- Coordinating and prioritizing project tasks
- Proactive project management on various topics like implementing an Learning Management Systems, Learning Module Development, Podcast, etc.
- Preparing project status reports, cost & time estimations and proposals
- Creating reports for the management team
- Analytical report on challenges and corresponding solutions in agile development in the given context (institutional, client expectations, familiarity with planning, etc.)
- Handling contract management and services procurement
- Bachelor or master’s degree in information technology or social science or design-related studies (Engineering, Architecture, Urban development, civil engineer, etc.)
- 1 years of professional experience as a Project Assistant or similar position with a focus on developing eLearning / blended learning products built on Instructional Experience Design.;
- Experience in the Agricultural sector especially Sustainable Land Management
- Knowing and understanding methods and principles like in agile project management (SCRUM), Storytelling, Gamification etc.
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Self-starter and self-organizer, ready to achieve high standards of work, as documented through steady professional growth
- Team player with a focus on jointly achieved results
- Excellent time management and good coordination skills
- Good knowledge in software development and/or of software development companies in Ethiopia
- Ability to prioritize work and creatively overcome problems
- Excellent integrity, confidentiality, and interpersonal skills
- Experience in developing and building good working relationships with and within government organizations, development organizations as well as with other public and private institutions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills on different hierarchical levels, as well as conflict management skills
- Ability to efficiently use standard IT applications (i.e. MS Office Outlook, mail processes, excel, etc.) and digital media, including modern video conferencing tools
- Excellent knowledge of English and Amharic languages, written and spoken; ability to develop error-free documents.
- Solution-oriented thinking
- Strong Project Management skills
- Previous working experience with GIZ is a plus