|Date Posted||June 18, 2021|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Junior Facility Officer
GIZ-Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #091/2021
GIZ Office to the African Union
GIZ has been supporting the African Union (AU) on behalf of the German Federal Government since 2004. With around 20 regional and continental technical cooperation projects in line with the AU's stated goals, the GIZ AU portfolio is now active in 49 countries across the continent and has staff in 17 countries of Africa.
The GIZ AU team currently has more than 230 national, regional and international staff including interns. Most employees of the GIZ AU projects are based in the headquarters in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
In the GIZ AU Office, materials, equipment (and consumables) procured for project use will be registered as a partner asset with the framework agreement with the African Union. Materials and equipment are recorded in the inventory record (onSITE Asset). the facility management team support the projects in registering, managing and handing over of item to partners when projects phase out. Efficient and up to date inventory management is required as the number of inventory items are increasing following the growth of GIZ AU portfolio.
Contract duration: December 31, 2022
Junior Facilities Officer oversees all activities inside a building, making sure that health and safety standards are met and arranging for repairs when needed. Further he assists in tracking expenses and coordinating with external vendors, ensures corporate and cost-effective environment for the office to function. He ensures smooth and timely performance of the assigned tasks and ensures in the office Building maintenance tasks, facilitates the office equipment and/or building renovations.
- Assists and facilitates on rental office premises and movement
- Assists the management on Space allocation and changes in the Office.
- Manages the Keys in coordination with the Management and the Risk Management Advisor.
- ensures repair, maintenance and service of GIZ office areas, systems (lighting, electricity, water, swage), as far as possible
- coordinates the maintenance, inspection and testing for all of the fire safety equipment and systems, keeping records and certificates of compliance.
- facilitates repair of damage he is unable to deal with independently and contacts an external service provider (electrician, plumber, carpenters, etc.) to repair and maintain office buildings and extensions
- ensures conserve energy by acting in an environmentally friendly manner, and points out additional scope in this regard
- provides relocation office services, notice boards,
- promote health and safety working environment, supporting and planning remodelling and renovation work
- works out maintenance and inspection schedule and communicates them to the support staff.
- Designs and reports a business continuity plan so that in the event of a fire or major failure the business can recover quickly.
- assists in supervising office support staff
- trains the Office and Project cleaning staff in Cleaning, in hygiene and in safety
- Works with the staff on the promotion of sustainable Green Office (environmental detergents, energy saving, environmental friendly office supplies, ….)
- maintains a list of handymen, mechanics, carpenters and calls them on demand for service
- provides relocation services by erecting or dismantling and transporting furniture and assembling Meta plan boards, notice boards, calendars, wiring for desks (to promote health and safety), supporting and planning remodelling and renovation work
- ensures the timely repairs to office equipment
- ensures a reliable clearing service if necessary
- maintains and repairs the (technical) equipment for site management
- attends office and team meetings and translates for support staff
- University degree in Engineering, with environmental focus or in facilities management or related area;
- Fresh graduate 1 years' experience
- Familiarity with relevant accounting software and proficiency with Microsoft Office;
- Strong interpersonal and service skills;
- Strong organization and time management skills.
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email: email@example.com
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number ‘Junior Facility Officer #091/2021’ in the subject line of your email application.
Due to large number of applications we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”